New Ihsahn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: New Ihsahn   Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 pm

It's all streaming on spotify and I'm pretty sure it's been in stores. I'm listening to two singles from the album now and one featured Devin Townsend. It was pretty alright. This other song called "The Paranoid" is pretty good. I'll give the rest of it a listen this weekend. Anyone else hear the entire thing yet? I'm not sure if it's up to par with After, but this is definitely some of his best.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: New Ihsahn   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Yeah I'm curious to hear how the album is too. I've been meaning to check it out, but it isn't a priority right now.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: New Ihsahn   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 am

I was a bit slow at getting around to listening to it too, but after two or three spins I've come to the conclusion that Ihsahn is pretty much awesome. As you guys may remember, I fucking loved After, so Eremita has a bit of an uphill climb. I think on one level this is just as good an album, but After had a kind of bigger wow-effect. If there's one thing that After did undisputably betyer it's the saxophone. It's good on Eremita, but doesn't pack quite the punch it did on After. Still pretty much the most metal saxophone ever, though.

All in all, Ihsahn is still at the top of his game.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: New Ihsahn   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:30 am

I remember The Adversary sounded like Prometheus B-sides. Didn't listen to anything after that.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: New Ihsahn   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:06 am

didnt like it, of course Ive always had a hard time getting into his stuff anyway even his Emperor stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: New Ihsahn   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:41 am

Cghost21 wrote:
I remember The Adversary sounded like Prometheus B-sides. Didn't listen to anything after that.

You really should give After a shot. I think Adversary and angL have one or two good tracks, but After was him really coming into his own. It's the first solo album that kinda lives up to his previous career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ihsahn   Today at 11:40 am

Back to top Go down

New Ihsahn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1