Share | 

Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 am

Was just thinking about this. Dumb questions yeah, but I'll still ask it anyway. Say you're watching a band you dislike live and a member or two have a band t on of a band you are into..do you give them another shot? do you consider disliking them less? Say you're watching a band you like and they're wearing a band t of a band you actually hate..do you think of them any differently? Or if you see a band you like touring with shitty bands, do you think any less of the band you like? Just as an example, a deathcore band may have a Nile shirt on or [INSERT BAND YOU LIKE HERE] or Immolation shirt on. JUST EXAMPLE GUYS CALM DOWN.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:31 am

Nah not really. Sometimes I think 'hey cool, they like that band' but other than that it has no impact on me.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:47 am

Deathcore sucks
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:06 pm

No plenty of crappy bands have shirts of better bands on them.

The biggest faux pas is the band wearing the shirt of their own band on stage.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:17 pm

I don't care what a band wears as long as they sound good. It's all about the music guys. Not the image.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:41 pm

RespawnedDemon wrote:
I don't care what a band wears as long as they sound good. It's all about the music guys. Not the image.

Except when you give reasons for liking/respecting shitty bands like "they're good at marketing". It's not about the music then, is it?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 pm

This is the stupidest thread thats been made on this board in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Suffokate's guitarist had a Gorgoroth shirt on when I saw them with Dying Fetus
Devourment's vocalist had a Knights of the Abyss shirt on when I saw Cattle Decap

considering Devourment comes off as a band that hates anything -core..you wouldn't expect him to like a -core band that generic

and considering Suffokate is..the way they are..you wouldn't expect any member in the band to listen to any black metal.

Also everyone judges the musicians by their appearance. Go see Ceremony and look at what their guitarist chooses to wear. Go see AFI and see how Davey Havok looks. Go see Morbid Angel and tell me how David Vincen't performance was. You're going to bring up their makeup and their clothing. You're absolutely going to notice it and I guarantee you're not going to just forget about it.

Converge and Glassjaw toured with Hatebreed. This was when Converge had basically just put out Jane Doe and GJ had just put out Worship and Tribute.

Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Electroretard wrote:
RespawnedDemon wrote:

Except when you give reasons for liking/respecting shitty bands like "they're good at marketing". It's not about the music then, is it?

No I like Periphery's music too. I just was making the point that they are excellent marketers and you gotta give em props for it.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm probably not going to bring up their clothing because I don't care. Unless they're dressed like complete fucking idiots, in which case it's still not going to hurt my opinion of their music, just my opinion of them as human beings.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 pm

RespawnedDemon wrote:
Electroretard wrote:
RespawnedDemon wrote:

No I like Periphery's music too. I just was making the point that they are excellent marketers and you gotta give em props for it.

No I don't.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Misha Mansoor used to be a guitar geek that represented guitar geeks. Now they are the "LOL MEME XDDDD DJENT DJENT DJENTLEMEN THALL SO RANDUMBB TROLLOLOLO U I PLAY FF VII SO IM A GEEKOID Razz" band. Now he's an annoying douche to me who has everything handed to him. I seriously don't even care about how good they are instrumentally anymore. Everything about Periphery annoys the shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:48 pm

The clothing they wear on stage is part of their marketing. You gotta give em props for wearing that shit on stage even if the music is shitty.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:53 pm

A band's appearance makes no difference to me.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
The clothing they wear on stage is part of their marketing. You gotta give em props for wearing that shit on stage even if the music is shitty.

Now that's an interesting point to bring up. Nevertheless, I don't pay attention to what they're wearing.

And yeah I hate Periphery's image even though I do enjoy the music.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Pretty sure that was a troll post, rofl.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:07 pm

I know it was, but it still brought up an interesting point. I'm sure a lot of bands do wear specific things to market their music to a specific audience. If I released a death metal album, I'm not going to wear short shorts, a Miley Cyrus t-shirt, and a cowboy hat that says "Big Tex" on it. I'm gonna wear an Immolation shirt so everyone thinks my band might be like them, even if they're actually a phony generic metalcore band.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 pm

RespawnedDemon wrote:
I know it was, but it still brought up an interesting point. I'm sure a lot of bands do wear specific things to market their music to a specific audience. If I released a death metal album, I'm not going to wear short shorts, a Miley Cyrus t-shirt, and a cowboy hat that says "Big Tex" on it. I'm gonna wear an Immolation shirt so everyone thinks my band might be like them, even if they're actually a phony generic metalcore band.

I would wear all of those things if I was ever stupid enough to put out a death metal album
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm

you are supposed to wear a Demi Lovoto shirt not a Miley Cyrus shirt you idiot.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Bathtub Shitter's vocalist has been known to wear very short bright yellow bicycle shorts. But really... I don't give a shit what I wear. I'm just going to wear what's comfortable. I wouldn't wear black metal shirts or doom shirts just because I wanted to be associated with that sound. That's just stupid.

Demi Lovato listens to -core bands, brah. Not 1337 enough.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Oh sorry... not troo/kvlt enough.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands   Today at 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Band t-shirts on band members/"good" bands touring with "bad" bands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1