View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:18 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Anniversary-Collectors-Edition-Blu-ray-UltraViolet/dp/B00845MRKE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2612I3B11VW35&colid=81AFE1IIFTOA

So looks like they are re-releasing this movie on blu-ray again. I already have the briefcase five disc collector's edition that came out in 2007. However, I only have it on DVD.
I was wondering if this version was worth a double dip. I know it hasn't been released yet but I was wondering if any of you knew something about it. It almost looks like the same thing. I wonder...
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Think I heard it's essentially the same thing but sans Workprint and plus some new extras.

The Blu-ray transfers are fukn deelishus assuming they use the same ones. I got the regular 5-disc Blu-ray box for twelve bucks some years ago. :o
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
The Blu-ray transfers are fukn deelishus assuming they use the same ones. I got the regular 5-disc Blu-ray box for twelve bucks some years ago. Surprised

WTF?

I wish I got ahold of that deal.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 pm

If there's one movie worth double dipping for the Blu-Ray, it's Blade Runner. But personally I'd just go with the stand alone version of the final cut on BR.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Shrike wrote:
If there's one movie worth double dipping for the Blu-Ray, it's Blade Runner. But personally I'd just go with the stand alone version of the final cut on BR.

Only 7.30 right now, tempting, but I still want to wait for word on this set. Tongue
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:41 am

Is the Workprint worth picking up the old set for?

What does the box mean by "Ultraviolet"? Is that a new format or something?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:09 pm

X-pert74 wrote:
Is the Workprint worth picking up the old set for?

I watched a couple of minutes of it. It's a bit rough looking. I guess if you're a completionist who wants to see all 5 versions then the set is worth it. I've still only watched the Final Cut multiple times and none of the other versions.

X-pert74 wrote:
What does the box mean by "Ultraviolet"? Is that a new format or something?

It's just like a version of the movie on a cloud drive. I think it's replacing digital copies.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:23 pm

I have yet to watch the Workprint, lol. I'm interested to, but whenever I wanna watch the movie, I just wanna see the Final Cut. It's even better than the early '90s Director's Cut, so yeah.

I saw part of the original theatrical cut on TV once and the voiceover narration killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:30 pm

This comes out this week. Price has dropped. I'm leaning towards getting it...
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:08 am

Reconsidering my stance on the subject, this one comes out tomorrow too:

Looks to be the same thing but better and cheaper. This also says it has the theatrical, international, director and workprint version.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:54 am

I'm going to watch this movie tonight thanks to this thread.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:11 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Reconsidering my stance on the subject, this one comes out tomorrow too:

Looks to be the same thing but better and cheaper. This also says it has the theatrical, international, director and workprint version.

Cheaper and better? Better how?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 am

Depends on what you consider better.

The Blu-Ray book has all five cuts of the film and all digital supplements from the 30th Anniversary set; however, the Blu-ray Book is only thirty-six pages long - as opposed to seventy-two pages - and loses the DVD and UV copies as well as the spinner replica and Lenticular hologram.

I personally can do without the extra trinkets, UV and DVD copies. Only downside is the shorter book but I can live with that.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 am

So not possible to truly be better, since it doesn't actually add anything. Although, subtracting DVD and UV copies is definitely a plus, as well as the price of course. I may actually want that version now.

Any word on the transfers? Same or different as the last Blu-Ray versions?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm

The big one is 42.99 at Frys if that helps sway your interest http://www.frys.com/product/7285833

I read that they are the same transfer but the workprint is in DTS HD MA
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm

I can't imagine them changing the transfers since those were already spot-on perfect. Didn't know about adding lossless audio on the workprint, though. I might almost feel left out if I had an HD receiver and the ears to hear higher than 192kbps.

No UV and DVD bullshit--plus the cheaper price--definitely makes that book set the better buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition   Today at 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1