Share | 

I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 pm

I was cool with that... but just now I was listening to these guys talk about the press conference and they said the analog sticks are right across from each other rather than diagonal like the Xbox controller... Dude, wtf? That seems like a terrible fucking idea.

Fuuuuuuck that.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Oh and don't give me shit about how the WiiU and the tablet and whatever is else a worse idea. I actually like Nintendo and the Wii. I own more Wii games than any other console (other than NES). I dig everything else the WiiU has to offer, but this is fucking stupid. Let's keep it to how THIS PARTICULAR THING is fucking stupid.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:23 am

Yeah looks like a terrible design.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:37 am

Makes sense to me. You use the dual analog sticks more than you ever would the face buttons nowadays
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:23 am

I don't see how having the dual sticks at same height is a problem. It's worked all this time for the DualShock, and it feels comfortable on Nintendo's Classic Controller Pro.

As for the 360 controller...

Yeah. Same damn thing as this but not as good.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:36 am

360 > Gamecube

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 am

booooo

I just think the 360 controller is such shit. Never understood why people get such massive boners over it.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:55 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
booooo

I just think the 360 controller is such shit. Never understood why people get such massive boners over it.

It's like the dreamcast controller which was amazing.

Also I just read the triggers on the controller in the OP aren't analog... Plain
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:04 am

What games use analog triggers anyway? Outside of maybe racing games, I don't see the point.

It was kinda cool with the GameCube controller and some games utilized it pretty well, but nothing I'll miss.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:10 am

Sounds like a faggy response from a faggy fag.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:13 am

DON'T YOU TALK BACK TO ME, BLACKIE, OR I'LL WHUP YA
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:16 am

Slave revolt brah monkey
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:18 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
booooo

To me it's one of the most comfortable and natural controllers I've ever held. I'll agree with Blooge there and say that the Dreamcast controller was pretty awesome as well. Aside from the damn cord. The Dreamcast controller just looks like it would feel horrible and be terrible, but I actually liked it a lot. As for the comparison that classic controllers or PS controllers have the analogs at the same height... well, I don't particularly like those controllers that way either. I don't really like the PS controller at all. PS in general, really.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:19 am

I don't see how having a stick above the ABXY buttons would be good at all. Guess we'll just have to see how it works out.

Also, the 360 controller is incredible.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Having the stick above the face buttons is unprecedented, but I'm not going to criticize it until I actually try it for myself. I've never played any controller with that setup before, so who knows? It could actually end up working quite well.

As for the 360 controller, generally I like it, but it's horrible for most 2D games. The d-pad alone really drags down the overall quality of the controller; it's one of the most imprecise, painful to use d-pads in history. The face buttons also don't lend themselves well to constant button-mashing. As far as most 3D games go however, the 360 controller is wonderful. It works really well for shooters, and I imagine it would also be nice when it comes to stuff like 3D platformers and the like.

I got a wired 360 controller for my PC recently, which works well for modern games, but when I want to play a 2D game, I have a USB hookup for my Super NES controller. Then I get to have the best of both worlds Happy
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:05 pm

As far as pure comfort in your hands, the 360 controller is the best ever.

I agree the d pad sucks though. If they were somehow allowed to put the SNES d pad on the 360, it would probably be the ultimate gaming controller.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:35 pm

want a good D-Pad on a 360 controller get one of these niggas

Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 am

I remember some dude saying that Nintendo were thieves because all they did was switch the second analog stick and the face buttons and switched the lettering on the face buttons. The second part of that made me want to smash his face in even though he was probably trolling.

I mean come on
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:33 pm

All of the controllers take inspiration from each other nowadays, though in the end most modern controllers can be traced back to the Super NES design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller   Today at 6:28 pm

Back to top Go down

I'd heard the WiiU pro-controller was a rip off of the 360 controller
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1