Share | 

Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:14 pm

I played the game when it first came out... but this is my first time playing it in many years. And god damn, this is still the scariest/creepiest game I've ever played. I thought maybe it just fucked with me so much because I was younger back then and hadn't experienced many 'scary' games. Nope, this shit still holds up for me. Way scarier than the Dead Space games.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Game was underrated as heck. I think people were expecting something super innovative but instead they got an awesome, old school shooter.

It also had HL2 and Halo 2 to compete with.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Flashlight
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Game was underrated as heck. I think people were expecting something super innovative but instead they got an awesome, old school shooter.

It also had HL2 and Halo 2 to compete with.

for sure. love doom 3.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:00 am

I plan on playing this sometime soon. I've already beaten Doom and Doom II, and even though this is supposed to be really different from them, I want to check this out as well.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 pm

It has been a long time since I played Doom 3. I loved it when I first played it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:50 am

It's nice other people like it. I've seen a lot of hate for the game but I loved it.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 am

X-pert74 wrote:
I plan on playing this sometime soon. I've already beaten Doom and Doom II, and even though this is supposed to be really different from them, I want to check this out as well.

It's not really that much different. The only difference is that it's more of a corridor based shooter instead of having lots of open areas. It's still just a bunch of enemies and mindless shooting. aka, awesome.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:40 am

I hat it on Xbox years ago, and remember loving it. I never came close to beating it though.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:13 am

Played through it on PC back when it came out. I have it for XBOX but haven't played it yet. Not even sure if its playable on the 360
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 am

There's a new version of the game, Doom 3: BFG Edition, coming out this fall. It'll have some new areas added to the game, a revamped flashlight mechanic (so you don't need to keep switching it for each weapon you pull out), and on consoles at least it'll have Doom and Doom II included. I'm not sure whether I'll play Doom 3 now or wait for the BFG Edition. I usually prefer to play games as they were originally released first, but I might not feel like playing it a second time, for at least awhile. I guess I'll wait and see for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:06 am

I never did beat the game nor even made it as far as hell. Was pretty fun though. I may pick up the BFG Edition on console. If the ports for the first two games are good, all the better, as I've been meaning to get them on XBLA.

If this shit's download-only, I'll be pissed.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 am

Hell was basically the end of the game, though. Tongue

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:19 am

I might pick it up. I enjoyed Doom 3.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:01 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
I never did beat the game nor even made it as far as hell. Was pretty fun though. I may pick up the BFG Edition on console. If the ports for the first two games are good, all the better, as I've been meaning to get them on XBLA.

If this shit's download-only, I'll be pissed.

You might still want to look into Doom II on XBLA at least, since there's been no indication so far that No Rest For The Living will be included in the BFG Edition. No Rest For The Living is totally worth playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer   Today at 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Just installed Doom 3 on my new computer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1