The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 12:40 am

I'm listening to Season of the Assassin for the first time in a while, and I can't believe how much Vinnie Paz's voice has changed. Where did this raspy yelling come from? Has this been a gradual process since the first Jedi Mind album? (I don't have anything after Psycho-Social or is this something he decided to do on this album? I think this was one of the reasons I remember not really liking this album on the first spin because I remember thinking for some reason it was going to be really laid back, but now going in with no expectations I don't mind it.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 am

Then again, maybe I didn't like it as much because it should have only had about 12 songs on it, not 21.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 1:44 am

is this that nigger music again?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 am

Electroretard wrote:
is this that nigger music again?

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 am

Psycho-Social is the only Jedi Mind-related thing I've ever liked, and even then I haven't cared to relisten to it for years. Every time somebody's in my car or hanging out or something and says "Hey check out the new Vinnie Paz," or "Check out this new X, that has Vinnie Paz on it" I always had the same reaction to his voice, bewildered at how it was becoming more and more cartoonish. These days he sounds like the third, secret member of M.O.P. or something.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 5:19 am

Yeah Psycho-Social is the only Jedi Mind album I really like. Violent By Design has it's moments but it suffers from inconsistency, not that this is really anything new in the world of hip-hop, maybe if rappers didn't need to fill up a whole 70 minute cd just because they can we wouldn't have this problem.

But yeah, it's absolutely bizarre. He went from having a pretty chill delivery to sounding like RZA on the first Gravediggaz album...only everyone knew RZA was joking.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 5:24 am

Skits and crappy filler songs appear to be something that will forever plague hip-hop--even good hip-hop. It's almost like the only way to improve the odds of a hip-hop album being good from start to finish is for it to be a concept album, and even then that of course still leaves the chances far from a guarantee.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 5:40 am

You should listen to Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 5:42 am

I have a feeling I won't enjoy that. Is that where his voice started going stupid?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Skits and crappy filler songs appear to be something that will forever plague hip-hop--even good hip-hop. It's almost like the only way to improve the odds of a hip-hop album being good from start to finish is for it to be a concept album, and even then that of course still leaves the chances far from a guarantee.

Yeah that's the one real big downfall of the genre. At least the skits can be funny sometimes, but the filler really hurts it. I know of at least 15 hip-hop albums I would probably consider to be among my favourite except they have like 27 songs instead of like, the 8 it should have had.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
I have a feeling I won't enjoy that. Is that where his voice started going stupid?

It's been that way for as long as I can remember, even on Violent by Design.

Anyway Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell is probably my second favorite JMT album.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Tue May 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Really? I haven't listen to Violent By Design in like 2 years, I don't remember his voice being weird though. Probably another reason why I don't care for the album.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:14 am

lol so bad

I make better cheesesteaks than what he shows in this video
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 am

He's such a crazy good Patton Oswalt doppelganger lol
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Have you heard Slaine?

He kind of gives me a Vinnie Paz vibe his voice is a little less rugged

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?   Today at 11:36 am

Back to top Go down

Hey Blug, what happened to Vinnie Paz's voice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1