The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.   Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 pm

To me it sounds more overtly new wave-ish pop than it used to. There are some instances of blast beaty "black metal segments" but they're few and far between, and the drums are buried way dow in the mix compared to their earlier releases, so it has less of an edge to it. Thus far I'm finding it to be a bit more of an interesting listen than Ghosts, and Other Things, but not quite as good as the debut EP.

I think there's like maybe one person here who still has any interest in them, but what the hell, if GS can, so can I.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.   Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 pm

I thought it was ok.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.   Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Meh
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.   Tue May 08, 2012 7:59 pm

This band continues to meh me.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.   Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 am

the more they move into ambiance, the more i like them. i like this more than the previous EP though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.   Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Listened to two songs so far. Really like it.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.   Today at 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down

New Sleeping Peonies. If you didn't like 'em before, you aren't gonna like them now.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1