The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:55 pm

The way the story is told is that this album was released in 1969 and supposedly 310 copies were pressed, and it was supposedly distributed among occultist European sects and black-arts followers, magic-men, wizards, astrologers or hexes. However no original copies have surfaced in collectors circles to this day.

Like many who have heard this before the guitar tone on this album particularly this song is more than likely not recorded in 1969 but added in a later release.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:18 pm

I came across this somewhere before, but I never heard all of the details you just gave. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I think someone might have made a thread about in on IGN a while ago, Jeff. Because I do remember someone making a post about a band that was supposedly playing black metal in the 60s. Haven't listened to this in a while, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:21 pm

That was pretty good, reminds me of Devil Doll

Why couldn't this guitar tone be recorded in 69? Doesn't sound much different than the tone on Black Sabbath's debut, and that was recorded in 69.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Sounds closer to Mayhem than Black Sabbath to me.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
I think someone might have made a thread about in on IGN a while ago, Jeff. Because I do remember someone making a post about a band that was supposedly playing black metal in the 60s. Haven't listened to this in a while, though.

I think you might be thinking of the joke black-surf band.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
Sounds closer to Mayhem than Black Sabbath to me.

Yeah I realize that, all I'm saying is it doesn't sound radically different than the tone Black Sabbath got in '69 so I don't understand why it'd be so unlikely that this was recorded back then.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:21 pm

I don't know... just something about it makes me think it's not that old. Maybe it's just because all the bands I've heard with that particular tone come from the early to late eighties.

And I dunno what you're talking about Trav. I do remember this specific band being mentioned on IGN. Perhaps it wasn't the metal board, but I'm almost certain the first time I heard of them and the back story it was on IGN.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Ah yeah you know what, I think I might be remembering that now too.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Sounds like a made-up story. And the guitar tone sounds identical to Mayhem's earlier stuff. I have a hard time believing that tone was achievable back in the 60s.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:04 am

As far as I know the back story wasn't fully posted on the Ign boards, I should know because I was the one who posted it
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:58 am

WELL.

I saw that somewhere.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit   Today at 7:57 am

Back to top Go down

Interesting backstory on Jacula's In Cauda Semper Stat Venenum but im calling bullshit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1