The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 pm

HOLY SHIT

Apparently they've re-released First Utterance in a few different versions and formats, including at least one deluxe edition. Also there's that new album up above, and at least one live album and DVD.

I can only find live clips (not that they sound bad, of course)

HOLY FUCK
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 pm

It's more of an EP. It's only like 25 minutes long.

Out of the Coma fucking rules though.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Still thought this band was well dead and gone...one who left an incredible relic, nonetheless. Don't know about how many original members are still in though, who's maybe died, etc.. The new shit's really, really good. Wish I had more dough to spare, cuz I'd grab all this new stuff if I could. Especially sucks I missed the limited-to-300 copies First Utterance vinyl re-release that came with a bonus 10" of the Diana EP.

Electroretard wrote:
It's more of an EP. It's only like 25 minutes long.

Out of the Coma fucking rules though.

Not quite. Almost 40 minutes.

Side One

1. Out of the Coma(8.35)

2. The Sacrifice (8.39)

3. The Reurn (6.22)

Side Two

The Malgaard Suite (15.49)

http://www.riseaboverecords.com/products/view/390

[edit]: my mistake. Just read the description and see that the B-Side track "Malgaard Suite" is a live recording of an old song from around the time of the First Utterance era.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 pm

That was some interesting stuff. I can't remember ever even hearing about this band before, to be honest. I liked it, but I'm probably not going to go track down all of their stuff or anything.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Big mistake. This new stuff is good, but their 1971 album First Utterance is completely mindblowing and still centuries ahead of its time.

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:21 am

I don't count the Malgaard suite. It's a live demo recorded in 73. The only new material is the first three tracks.

Also, it's the complete original line up except for one guy.

And Jeff, "First Utterance" is one of the best albums ever made. Get on it.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:02 am

I did but they weren't that great anyway so I don't care
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 am

fuck you suck so bad
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 am

I knew they did that boat-tour with Opeth a few years ago and I'd heard they'd be touring some more, but the new material was news to me. Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?   Today at 12:08 am

Back to top Go down

Uhhh...so am I the only one who completely missed Comus reuniting, touring and putting out new material?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1