The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:56 pm

jeffnogo wrote:
I have a lot of interesting little things to say about the show, but I'll just say Angantyr, Make a Change...Kill Yourself, Cult of Fire, Shining, and Samael were all fucking awesome.  Thantifaxath, whom I had never heard before were really fucking good too.

whatttt. That must have been a pretty crazy lineup. Didn't even know MACKY played live.

RespawnedDemon wrote:

Anyways I saw the Decibel tour last night. Vallenfyre was awesome. Pallbearer was great but their singer's voice was clearly pretty shot and that was a bummer. Converge put on the best performance of the night and totally killed it. At the Gates was awesome too, but couldn't top Converge.
I still am mad that it sold out. I don't even think In Flames/BTBAM/The Faceless sold out the venue that the AtG show took place at. Converge typically plays a smaller venue over here, but they always sell out. Figured the AtG show would be comparable to their big show with Mastodon and Dethklok a while back which definitely didn't sell out
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:32 pm

I had a feeling it would sell. I'm happy I jumped on it. I really want to see Cavalera Conspiracy next week too, but don't really have the money to do it. :/
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:57 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
jeffnogo wrote:
I have a lot of interesting little things to say about the show, but I'll just say Angantyr, Make a Change...Kill Yourself, Cult of Fire, Shining, and Samael were all fucking awesome.  Thantifaxath, whom I had never heard before were really fucking good too.

whatttt. That must have been a pretty crazy lineup.  Didn't even know MACKY played live.

Yeah, it was a great show. It was a two day festival called Messe des Morts IV, I think, that they do in Montreal every year. I was just as surprised to see Make a Change playing, and they were probably one of the most interesting sets because the vocalist/lead guitarists (who is also the head for Angantyr) didn't act all depressed and sad like you might expect a DSMB band to act. He put on this whole act of being someone in a mental institute just saying crazy shit with a voice of someone that has lost it. Half way through his set he even stopped in the middle of a song, put his guitar down, put his hands up in the air and ran screaming off the stage. Then came back a minute later and started the song again. Then at the end of the song he said that everyone in the crowd was insane and they "need to take these to feel better." And then he threw a handful of pills into the crowd, I believe that's what he got when he ran back stage for a minute. A guy in the crowd right next to me picked one up and swallowed it without thinking, but then he asked his friend right next to him "Do you know what that was?"

The MACKY guy just seemed really weird and like he must have been fucked up on something, but I'm pretty sure it was all an act and the following night he was pretty normal, and quite friendly with everyone, and just talking about vikings and killing people when Angantyr was on stage. I got both of their setlists as well, and for both of them one of the band members wiped the setlist across their face (covered in interesting variants of corpse paint) before handing them to me. Oh, and Kvarforth spit some blood on me.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Saw Sister Crayon and Le Butcherettes in town last night. Sister Crayon banged like boss bitches as usual. First time seeing Le Butcherettes, really liked their set despite the singer's not super awesome "quirky and zany" stage antics. Did sonething I do very seldom, also, and ditched out on one of the bands. Headlining was Antemasque, featuring two of dipshits from Mars Volta, which has always been poison to me, in any form or offshoot thereof. I even tried listening before going, it made my ears angry, then when it came time for their set, the wife expressed her desire to leave as she shared the same sentiment for the band, so we left. Home by 9:30, watched a movie lol
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu May 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Gonna see Giant Squid in June.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Today at 9:29 pm

Back to top Go down

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14