The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am

Over the next month:

July 2nd - Volbeat + Iced Earth, Billings Montana
July 4th - Mayhem Festival, Nampa Idaho
July 15th - Trespass Tour - Billings Montana
July 16th - Agalloch - Bozeman, Montana
August 1st - Iron Maiden + Coheed, Salt Lake City Utah
August 2nd - Skeletonwitch - Billings, Montana
August 3rd - Born of Osiris - Missoula, Montana
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm

So sad. Why has everyone either seen or gotten to see Slipknot other than me?

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:19 pm

You live in Washington right? Probably closer to Nampa then I am, and I have to drive back from Billings the same day Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
So sad. Why has everyone either seen or gotten to see Slipknot other than me?

I haven't seen them
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm actually trying to figure out whether I want to go see The Offspring right now. Problem is, if I see them I won't have the cash to see Agalloch. I have already seen Agalloch once though, but I'd really like to hear Faustian Echoes. Plus their set this time will be a long one.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:17 pm

The offspring or Agalloch. Pretty hard choice dere...
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Guess we're swapping Iron Maiden on Aug. 1st for Iron Maiden on July 3oth and Gojira on Aug. 1st
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Maiden not coming anywhere near so-cal WTF?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:12 pm

jthefrank wrote:
You live in Washington right? Probably closer to Nampa then I am, and I have to drive back from Billings the same day Crying or Very sad
I just checked, I'm like an hour closer. Tongue Still, would be a long way to go when all I want to see is Slipknot and it would be a long day. I'm hoping they do a Slipknot tour rather than festivals at some point in the future.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am

O'p is taking me on a date to see Agalloch.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:56 am

Add Moonsorrow and whoever playing Billings sometime this fall, and The Melvins playing a Missoula bar in September
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:20 am

August: Agalloch, and maybe Steve Martin if I can get tickets (I'm on a waiting list)

September: Aesop Rock at The Fillmore on a Sunday, Chelsea Wolfe in town if I can get the night off (a Wednesday), or in San Francisco the same night Ceremony and Fucked up, if I can convince myself to pay to only go for Ceremony doing a supporting set since I don't like Fucked Up and they're the headliner (and again, get the night off)

October: Dinosaur Jr. at The Fillmore. This is on a Wednesday also. I really, really hope I don't have a problem getting work off for this.

There's some more I'm forgetting I think. I hope so. I want to go to more shows. I haven't been to that many in the past year.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:48 am

As much as I want to go to shows I'm trying to save as much money as possible so I have stopped going to as many shows as I used to.

The only show I have tickets for so far is The Amity Affliction's album launch tour that has The Ghost Inside, Architects and Buried In Verona as supports. I may get a ticket to go and see Impending Doom if I can get to the venue by public transport easily enough.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:08 am

Yeah, I get that, especially since I just so recently spent SO much on a buncha material stuff and am still trying to build myself back up from that. Spending an average of around $100 per show (ticket price, gas, tolls/parking, food/drinks, and of course merch, cuz I'm an idiot) is not a good way to save money. Especially when I'm also trying to have money set aside to afford to go to San Diego in the next month or two. But still, I definitely want to go to most if not all of those shows I mentioned above, and hopefully even more, like I said. Cuz fuck money.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:11 am

I know how you feel. Most of the time I think of how cheap the ticket is and get it and then the day after the show I realize how much I spent when I add up travel costs, food/drink and merch. Merch is a killer for me, shit is always so expensive if I'm seeing international bands.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:52 am

I don't know why it's a trend I've seen the last year, but merch is more expensive at shows than can be found online or even at record stores. I'm used to the opposite being true. CD $15 at a record store? $12 at Amazon? $10 at the show. Double LP $25 at a record store? $20 at Amazon? $15 at the show. That's how most things used to be. But now even regional and local bands are charging record store-ish prices for all merch. $25 shirts and single LPs is especially ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 am

Average t-shirt price for Australian bands is $20, EPs are usually between $10-15 and full lengths are $15-20 at shows. International bands charge massive prices. I've seen t-shirts for $40 at shows.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:00 am

$20's the average? Damn. Bummer. I'd say $15's average out here, but plenty of bands sell them for $10 or less. Especially punk and metal bands.

I've only seen shirts at or around that $40 pricetag at big arena shows. Red Hot Chili Peppers and Portishead were both like $35 if I remember correctly, and I think that's the highest I've ever seen. And no, I didn't buy one at either of those concerts lol
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Shirts were 40 bucks at Iron Maiden, I bought one but I always do for any show I go to. That's about average for any show I go to though. Cheapest I saw was Kyuss, shirts were only 20 bucks or something and hoodies were 40.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:13 pm

I always see smaller bands so the merch is relatively cheap. The biggest name I've gone to is Wolves in the Throne Room.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:17 pm

So far this summer I've seen Dream Theater with the Crimson Project, the Mayhem Fest, and Agalloch. And this month I have Summer Slaughter and Gojira. This has been a good summer for me.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:19 pm

You're such a fag for going to see Dream Theater
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:26 pm

I was hoping their set would be good. It wasn't. The Crimson Project was fucking amazing though!
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Faggot
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
Shirts were 40 bucks at Iron Maiden, I bought one but I always do for any show I go to. That's about average for any show I go to though. Cheapest I saw was Kyuss, shirts were only 20 bucks or something and hoodies were 40.

I can only imagine how expensive their shirts will be when they tour again next year down here.

I do understand that for a lot of international bands that it is expensive to come to Australia. Most of the time big name bands only play about five shows across the country and then leave. Merch is usually cheaper from international bands if they do a really long tour and stop off at each big town instead of just playing the capitol cities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Today at 11:35 pm

Back to top Go down

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next