The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm

You guys are lucky. There are no cool metal shows coming to Cleveland at all during my winter and spring breaks, but I am going to see Muse in February and Bon Jovi in March......so there's that......
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 pm

J. Irvin Dally, a Los Angeles transplant once local to Sacramento, is playing a show for $5 at a coffee shop literally one block away from my apartment in February. So amazingly pumped about this. This is something that used to be right under the locals' noses here and it went completely unnoticed; and now, this amazing artist is making a hometown return appearance, and I'm sure it will pass by unnoticed again by the goofs who would rather talk about how much work sucks and the $5 lattes they just bought instead of paying attention to one of the best things to come in and out of Sacramento in the last five years. JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU WHO DON'T LIKE ANYTHING GOOD

J. Irvin Dally Group from Maxxx Rodd on Vimeo.

fucking amazing
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 am

RespawnedDemon wrote:
You guys are lucky. There are no cool metal shows coming to Cleveland at all during my winter and spring breaks, but I am going to see Muse in February and Bon Jovi in March......so there's that......

Go to Pittsburgh this February. Winter's Wake fest with tons of good bands like Evoken, Yakuza, and me.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am

But none of those bands are good.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:36 am

Supposedly The Replacements are doing a reunion tour as well as recording new material (of covers lol). Definitely fucking going to that if it comes anywhere near me and I can get a ride.

Missed Murder City Devils because my friends and I suck and are shitheads. Can't miss Two Gallants and J. Irvin Dally. Those are mandatory.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 am

back-to-back-to-back nights:

then

J. Irvin Dally down the street from me

then

FUCK. YES.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Holy shit Slims and Great American Music Hall have even more awesome shit in the coming weeks I'm just finding out about or remembering.

Chelsea Wolfe next Friday

Slim Cessna's Auto Club February 7th
Enslaved February 9th
Graveyard on both the 15th and 16th of February

And then Noisepop 2013 which is actually really disappointing this year apart from Ceremony. But new Ceremony kinda sucks, so I dunno.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:21 am

Gonna see Opeth in May.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:52 am

Make sure to bring a pillow and headphones to listen to better music.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Just got tickets for Amanda Jenssen and Cult of Luna, sitting on my Iron Maiden tickets already, waiting for the ticket-release for Agalloch and I think I'll check out Ash Borer/Fell Voices too.

Promising year so far.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

So I was convinced I was shit outta luck on seeing this show. 100 miles away, no car and know nobody with a car who would want to go. Not hard to do the math in coming up with the conclusion that I wasn't gonna make it. And I was super bummed about that, because I love the band and they have a very strong reputation for being awesome live.

BUT THEN

My "girl" (it's complicated) asks me if I had plans tonight. I told her no, just DUI class (lol) and then bum around cuz I couldn't make it to the show. Then she messages me a picture of a receipt for tickets to the show. So now not only am I going, but she's driving, it's gonna just be me and her out in the city for a show, and she paid for the tickets lol. This is the same girl who pulled the magic trick on gettin me the Pliny when it was near nowhere to be found.

Once again: wifey
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Dang. Lucky.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Holy shit. Show was so awesome. I mean damn. Not quite to the level of Two Gallants, cuz I mean fuck, they are absolute masters. That was like show of a lifetime type caliber. But Slim Cessna were really good and a lot of fun. Jello Biafra was there and got up on stage during the first song of the encore and sang with them haha
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Okay so for this upcoming summer I'm planning on seeing Steve Wilson and Polkadot Cadaver for sure, and am strongly considering seeing Opeth and Boris. I wish more shit would be announced soon though so I could make accurate decisions about how to spend my money.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:25 am

I'm taking a friend to see Bring Me The Horizon in a couple of weeks.

I might be going to Fall Out Boy next month and I'll probably see Tegan and Sara in a few months.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Fall Out Boy are back together?

And is that Opeth and Boris on the same bill? That would be insane.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:49 pm

No different bills lol. Katatonia is opening for Opeth. Boris is playing alone.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Just listened to the new Fall Out Boy single. Shit sucks.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Fall Out Boy sucks why would you expect them to be good?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Their first 3 albums were good.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:06 pm

I guess I should say I assumed they disbanded for a bit because they realized their last few albums sucked. With them getting back together, I also assumed that meant they would go back to their pop punk sound and make something decent. But no. That single was even worse than their last few albums.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm hoping they play a bunch of tracks off of From Under The Cork Tree.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Prolly not, brah. I went to their site and everything was sold out. You sure you're going?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 am

Tickets don't go on sale down here until tomorrow for pre-sales and tickets for the public go on sale on Friday. If my friend gets pre-sales then I will go. If not then I save like $90.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:13 am

Definitely going to Fall Out Boy and Tegan & Sara.

I'm going to Bring Me The Horizon, Pierce The Veil, and The Chariot with a couple of friends in just over a week.

Other than that I am looking at getting tickets to the next Destroy Music tour which has The Ghost Inside, Emmure, Antagonist A.D., and Hand Of Mercy on it this year. For me it is a pretty decent hardcore line-up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Today at 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next