The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Welp, apparently I'm going to see The Used next Tuesday.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:39 pm

99% sure I'm seeing Dinosaur Jr in SF in about two weeks (got the new job, as well as an ok for the time off request, and I still have my license until at least November or later, so not really anything stopping me), and 99.9% sure I'm seeing Aaron Ross the following week in Grass Valley. Still want to go to more, and still REALLY bummed I didn't see Agalloch last month.

The Used sucks.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 pm

I like their first and third albums. Leslie really wanted to go see them, though... So it's really her concert.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 pm

The Used. Divorce that chick.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:46 am

Melvins next Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Should still be on for Worm Ouroboros and Loss in a couple weeks then Neurosis a few days later. And now Murder City Devils next month and Graveyard in February, all of which sounds like a fine idea.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Loss sounds cool...

I'll be seeing Sunn O))) and Black Breath in December. Can't wait.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 am

Still haven't decided if I'm gonna try to see Sunn O))) or not.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 am

whoa
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:57 am

That sounds fucking awesome.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Holy shit, I know some of you probably aren't into two of these bands as much as I am, but the big Santiago metal festival in April is starting to turn into a fucking major show, here is the current but incomplete list of confirmed bands:

Morbid Angel, Sympony X, Lock-Up, Carcass, Brutal Truth, Sodom, Nile, Arcturus, and My Dying Bride.

Other than Brutal Truth, I'm pretty excited to see all of these bands again or for the first time. In particular Arcturus, whom I never thought I would see, and My Dying Bride who are one of my all time favorite bands and currently sit at both my first and second favorite concerts I've ever seen. There are still a couple more bands to announce, and they could still be pretty big because MDB was just announced today.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I would looooooooove to see MDB, Arcturus, and Carcass, and would really like to see MA and Nile.

Sounds like a great time.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Damn, they just added Down to this festival as well. This is becoming quite the show.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Saw Alcest/Junius/Katatonia last week. Left early though because it was a work day and I had a train to catch (yes, lame, I know) so I didn't get to see Katatonia's full set.

Alcest was way better than when I saw them in 2011, but the drums were a bit low in the mix for my taste, and as they were an opener their gig was waaaay too short. Neige has definitely become more of a confident on stage presence. Way less faggoty.

Katatonia was surprisingly solid. I haven't really liked anything post Viva Emptiness and I really don't like his clean vocals. However, live they were a completely different beast. Not nearly as forced and wussy. Would definitely see them again.

Junius was a real surprise though. Never heard of em before, but they were surprisingly solid. They're like, I dunno, post-rock with a vocalist who wants to be some kind of love child of the Coldplay dude and Robert Smith, a lead guitarist with serious Edge-worship and shamelessly pop-y song-writing. I sometimes tire of the whole post-rock 8-minute EitS-clone sound, and these took the soundscape from those kinds of bands, added a vocalist and shortened everything down and added some catchy choruses. Not earth-shattering, but something I'm going to check out further.

Next up: Converge/A Storm of Light/Touché Amore and then a Refused club-gig. Looking forward to Cult of Luna next year.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Check out Junius' first two EPs. IMO, the albums suck, but the EPs are that catchiest things.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:57 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:

whoa

Drive two hours in traffic--cancelled. Heading back home, parked in toll booth waiting for attendant--get rear-ended.

Best night ever.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:23 am

lol probably karma
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:04 am

Lame
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:06 pm

So I just got back from that Refused club gig I had lined up. I got there early since I had a second hand ticket and was fully expecting there to be multiple copies so I figured I'd get mine scanned first. Naturally this results in a looooong ass wait before anything actually happens.

Opening act Paper was actually pretty awesome, though.

They take a good long while to set up for Refused, mess up the curtain drop and have to reset it (they let all of it fall directly, instead of having it unroll), which adds another ten minutes.

But then…

Holy shitballs of glory Refused are fucking awesome live.

This was one of their five last shows this tour, all Swedish club gigs. So that meant instead of 10000 people of whom 100 are actual fans (like the Way Out West-festival gig I saw this summer), there were like 300 people, of whom 250 were diehard. Crowd went wild every single song. First song had a nice little stagedive to set the tone. Lots of crowdsurfing, real nice, compassionate mosh. Awesome.

Pretty much the best gig ever.

Only bummer was assholes bringing glasses into the pit before it started. Shards everywhere within the first few minutes.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 am

If ya can't hold a pint then ya shouldn't be in a pit
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:34 am

I actually told this girl in front of me that standing where she was with a glass of beer was a bad idea. She countered with "I know, but I can always move back, and i'm almost finished with it.". I said "good luck with that". Feels good to know she failed.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:30 am

You should have mashed her face into the broken glass to teach her a lesson.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:14 pm

High on Fire fucking destroyed Friday night. Loudest show I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Seeing Alexisonfire on their farewell tour tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:18 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
High on Fire fucking destroyed Friday night. Loudest show I've ever been to.
Bet Sunn O))) gon' be louder than that. CAN'T WAIT

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?   Today at 4:55 am

Back to top Go down

So any of you guys planning on going to some concerts this summer?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next