The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????    Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm pretty hung up on Converge's You Fail Me album right now. Didn't get really into until recently. Great riffs, great vocals and lyrics. I don't need to get into how good the album is. I will however say the album is overlooked because of Jane Doe, but can't the same be said about all their other albums?

Anyways, what are some good albums that bring out a lot of emotions in the music? I'm not asking for a list of 9k emo bands or 9k suicidal/depressive bm bands. That's totally different. Of course if there is a special band that fits in that genre go ahead and list them. Doesn't have to be metal/hardcore, but I don't want some lame Celine Dion shit that you guys listen to. Post rock is very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????    Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 am

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you want albums that bring out a lot of emotion. A Love Supreme has probably more emotion ingrained in it than any album I've ever heard, but I doubt it's what you're looking for. If you mean emotion like sad type stuff, Against Me!'s Reinventing Axl Rose is one of the most heartfelt albums I have. Alice in Chains' Unplugged is almost a tearjerker as well, but that also has to do with its context. Purple Rain by Prince is really emotionally charged too, but you probably won't like that.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????    Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:16 am

These songs have brought out a lot of emotion from me. I'm not sure they'll do the same for you, but perhaps.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????    Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:50 pm

I could've sworn I replied to this already

Cghost, the closest thing to what I was really looking for was your Against Me! suggestion.

As far as metal stuff goes.. 40 Watt Sun, Loss, The Angelic Process, and Warning. Outside of metal... stuff like Carissa's Wierd, Giles Corey, can't think of any others atm. They put their sadness into the songs and is passed on to the listener.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????    Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Tom Waits?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????    Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:04 am

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:

Cghost, the closest thing to what I was really looking for was your Against Me! suggestion.

Okay, then I have no idea what you're after. Sad music, but only if it's the type of music you like? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????    Today at 9:58 am

Back to top Go down

I'm so emotional rite now :'( y is life so hard????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1