Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:04 am

It is definitely Burzum, has neofolk influence too

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 am

This album is weird as fuck. It's basically straight up viking metal.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 am

Holy fuck. Valgaldr is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 am

its very mid paced so far only on 4th track though but i did a quick runthrough and i basicly heard the same if not slower at times

Electroretard wrote:
Holy fuck. Valgaldr is beautiful.

damn it im not fucking there yet

im not sure what to think right now im really liking the songs but something just seems off as a whole. I cant fucking figure out what it is though.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:36 am

This is basically like one of the ambient albums except with guitars and vocals.

Also, OH MY FUCKING GOD at Surtr Sunnan.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:43 am

he stated that he was going for atmosphere and he definitely fucking did

AND WHERE THE FUCK IS JEFF HE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:02 am

Best album since Filosofem but I see it getting shit tons of hate.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah everyone seems to hate it. I love it. People who hate it dont understand burzum.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 am

its funny because he basically said exactly what it is on his website

"The "Umskiptar" album is also a return-to-the-roots album for me, with a strong focus on atmosphere and wholeness rather than anything else. The vocals on this one however are more important than on any other album, with a total of 66 stanzas, some of them even repeated a few times, making up the lyrics of the album. The vocals are very important for the special atmosphere and are more important than on any other Burzum album, and more varied too and as honest as it gets"

DEAD FUCKING ON
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:14 am

Grabbin this right now.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:18 am

Totally dead on.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:30 am

BTW on second listen its starting to make sense as a whole I didnt see it till Kerr said something on facebook about it

This album is fucking genius and his description reflects that. His return to roots statement is more than just in the music but as a being and an idea. Its more cultural roots than a musical one so to speak. Its hard to explain but it seems the album is a parallel to what he believes about the downfall of human society which reflects in the music as it becomes more and more sad and depressing.

Does anyone get what the fuck im trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:06 am

Yeah that makes sense. Definitely seems like a personal/honest album for him.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:12 am

btw second listen is done, AOTY
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:31 am

Just noticed I'd had shuffle on while listening first time...

Still awesome though. I would like to say that Fallen was probably almost as personal, if not as "spiritual" as this. I wish I could follow the lyrics though. Ism't the same to have them translated.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Haven't finished it yet, but it's pretty good. Some really great passages, lots of spoken word though, which is weird.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:08 pm

It is i suspected, its getting a shit tone of hate especially on Gamefaqs and RYM but i expected that.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:09 am

Burzum was doomed to be hated after he got out, there's no way he could have won.

Belus was a fairly traditional album, a bunch of re-recorded old demos with some added fluff -> "BURZUM IS CREATIVELY BANCRUPT HES ONLY REPEATING HIMSELF!!"

Fallen was way more of a change for him, lots more clean singing, more up-tempo, he lost the necro production and let his songs actually be hearable -> "BURZUM IS SELLING OUT CATERING ONLY TO THE SCENEKIDS!"

To me the dude is pretty much the epitome of artistic integrity. He does whatever the fuck he wants. Sometimes it sucks (as much as I've tried, Hlidskjalf and Daudi Baldrs are mostly boring as fuck, as are many of his ambient songs on his classic albums), but mostly it's just plain awesome.

I'm not sure what kind of critique he's getting for Umskiptar but it's pretty much expected. I think our little crowd here are a bit more used to the kind of droning ambient shenanigans he's doing here, compared to most of the people who'll "check out the new Burzum".

Also, this post on RYM was fucking hysterical (yes, Kerr, I know some dude posted it on your FB, but I actually didn't get it due to the weird linebreaking):

"Varg outdid himself with this one.

cash 12/10
creativity 0/10"

How in the name of holy, batshit-insane, kvltism can they equate an an album like this basically a an orchestrated spoken word-piece of a the norse myth of creation, in fucking old norse, featuring long tracks with nothing but his voice and a repeating guitar chord to a fucking cash-in?

God damnit, I hate stupid people.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 pm

I'll be honest, this one is going to take a bit of time for me. After only one listen, I'm enjoying it so far, but this one is going to take many listens to really crack it. This guy is one creative motherfucker, I'll give him that.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Shrike wrote:
Burzum was doomed to be hated after he got out, there's no way he could have won.

Belus was a fairly traditional album, a bunch of re-recorded old demos with some added fluff -> "BURZUM IS CREATIVELY BANCRUPT HES ONLY REPEATING HIMSELF!!"

Fallen was way more of a change for him, lots more clean singing, more up-tempo, he lost the necro production and let his songs actually be hearable -> "BURZUM IS SELLING OUT CATERING ONLY TO THE SCENEKIDS!"

To me the dude is pretty much the epitome of artistic integrity. He does whatever the fuck he wants. Sometimes it sucks (as much as I've tried, Hlidskjalf and Daudi Baldrs are mostly boring as fuck, as are many of his ambient songs on his classic albums), but mostly it's just plain awesome.

I'm not sure what kind of critique he's getting for Umskiptar but it's pretty much expected. I think our little crowd here are a bit more used to the kind of droning ambient shenanigans he's doing here, compared to most of the people who'll "check out the new Burzum".

Also, this post on RYM was fucking hysterical (yes, Kerr, I know some dude posted it on your FB, but I actually didn't get it due to the weird linebreaking):

cash 12/10
creativity 0/10"

How in the name of holy, batshit-insane, kvltism can they equate an an album like this basically a an orchestrated spoken word-piece of a the norse myth of creation, in fucking old norse, featuring long tracks with nothing but his voice and a repeating guitar chord to a fucking cash-in?

That was me that posted that on his facebook
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm

He can see you illegally downloading his music:

AND HE DOESN'T LIKE IT

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey, I preordered. I'll download it as I please.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 pm

I didnt and ill still do what ever i please. I could be persuaded to but
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 am

Ancient Rune wrote:
Shrike wrote:

Also, this post on RYM was fucking hysterical (yes, Kerr, I know some dude posted it on your FB, but I actually didn't get it due to the weird line breaking):

cash 12/10
creativity 0/10"

That was me that posted that on his facebook

Then you should learn to adapt to FB line breaks, you dilettante.

Also, damn you guys for posting those pics, they were the reason I came here.

I gotta say his "hunter" set is more ridiculous than WargaR (really? LARP much?) How someone as menacing looking as Varg can actually come off as looking like such a massive doofus in half the shots is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umskiptar   Today at 2:38 am

Back to top Go down

Umskiptar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Music-
Jump to: