The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 am

I'm on the fence here, because this is a fairly expensive festival, and it clashes with my last day at work so it's going to be a bit of a hassle. If the schedule is good this year I might just go with a one day pass (if the right bands play the right dead, unlike last year when the scheduled DTP at the same time as At The Gates).

http://www.metaltown.se/line-up/

Opeth, Mayhem, Gojira and Primordial ar the ones I can imagine really wanting to see (though I honestly haven't listened too much to the latter two). But are there any other bands here that you think are worth it?

Are there any others you'd think are worth watching? Except for the top billings which I might watch for just the spectacle.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:22 am

Dark Tranquillity, Machine Head, Mastodon are other notables. Depending on the price it would be worth it possibly.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:56 am

Kyuss!

Skeletonwitch also puts on a good show.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:06 pm

You nignogs hate Nasum now?

Personally, I think I'd enjoy seeing Lamb of God and Trivium but I don't think anyone here would feel the same. Well... maybe Respawned and Binney.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Yeah, Skeletonwitch is always fun live. Opeth and Mayhem are always great.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Checked out Skeletonwitch, seemed pretty fun. Some really catchy guitar leads, and a good vocalist. As for nasum, I remember them winning grammys and shit (the Swedish variety) before I got into "extreme metal" and what I heard then I thought was utter shit, haven't given them a chance after that, but upon review I think they might have something to offer. Their spotify top five is pretty rocking.

That's it, if I can clear it with work I'm definitely going.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Mastodon and Kyuss would be worth going for, except Kyuss will probably play a fucking gay set like they did in Calgary so maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
You nignogs hate Nasum now?

I thought they broke up after the dude died in the Tsunami.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Apparently they're doing a one off tour for their 20th anniversary.

I just read that on wikipedia, I didn't actually know.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Nasum is playing their final final shows this year. I believe the vocalist of Rotten Sound is filling in for the deceased member. I counted about 11 or 12 bands on the lineup I wouldn't mind seeing at all.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 am

Most of the line-up is pretty boss.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Shrike wrote:
Checked out Skeletonwitch, seemed pretty fun. Some really catchy guitar leads, and a good vocalist. As for nasum, I remember them winning grammys and shit (the Swedish variety) before I got into "extreme metal" and what I heard then I thought was utter shit, haven't given them a chance after that, but upon review I think they might have something to offer. Their spotify top five is pretty rocking.

That's it, if I can clear it with work I'm definitely going.
I go to school in the town that Skeletonwitch is from and they always come back each year to put on a show or two. Always a fucking great time. Also, they have awesome shirts. I've bought two, and the most recent one I got is my favorite metal shirt that I own.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:42 am

So now they've added Shining and Vildhjarta and I figure it's pretty much a no-brainer. Knowing that, I posted on my facebook wall if anyone else was thinking of going (festival on your own = meh). Little did I know that my girlfriends socially awkward, cerebral palsy sister was going to take that as an invitation. She asked something like "maybe, which bands are coming?". Seeing as how she likes 30 Seconds to Mars, Scar Symmetry and Therion I figured I could scare her off with a list consisting of Nasum, Mayhem, Shining etc. Bands I know she's never even heard of. Instead of saying "Oh, I don't know any of them" she replies with. "Oh, I might go if you dare to let me." and then she posts a status update on her wall about how she's going to metaltown with her brother-in-law...

Jesus, tap-dancing, retard-Christ…

Oh well, I'll just do the mature thing and, say I'm not going, order the ticket in secret then go anyway and claim I got a free ticket last minute.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Or just man up and go with her and put it in her while you're there.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:43 am

Or better yet, man up and kill her.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:46 am

SHE HAS CEREBRAL PALSY YA ASSHOLE HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING TO HER

Shit, I probably would do the ol' bait an switch as well.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:36 pm

I just ordered tickets. In Flames were just added to the line-up so I figure tickets are going to go fast. Plus I've never seen them, and regardless of how their output for the last few years have been, I've heard they still put on one of the best live-shows around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?   Today at 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Take a look at this line-up, is it worth it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1