Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:32 pm

The solo that (slowly) starts at about the two minute-mark and closes out the remaining four minutes of the song blows my mind. It completely transforms the song which originally started as a punked-out, country-tinged garage rock romp, to an emotional, swirling blues track. Incredible. I have a feeling Eddie Hazel would be pleased.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Cool story bro!

It was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:26 am

These vocals remind me so much of another band..it's really bothering me since I can't figure out who it is. I think..Death From Above?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal   Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 am

I've never thought his voice was similar to anybody else's; rather unique, actually.

It's a funny thing: Michael Hensley's voice has always been my favorite part of this band. The album that this song is on is I think the best thing that they've done as far as overall quality, BUT--I think his voice is worst on this record. And I like this style of play from them the least out of all their albums. I don't know how it works out that way, but it did. Their debut EP which was more minimilastic, slow and somber acoustic folk (with touches of country and bluegrass) was their style I liked best and where he sounded best as a singer, but it's just not as consistently awesome as this newest one. Something else funny to go along with that, is that the best song on that debut EP, which happens to be one of my favorite songs of all time, was re-arranged and re-recorded for the new album, and it's the worst song on the new album. Fucking weird.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal   Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:57 am

video isn't showing up
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal   Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 am

http://soundcloud.com/ziggymix/hollowed-out-bones

what do you care though since you already know you're gonna hate it? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal   Today at 6:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Another song with guitar work a trillion times better than anything in metal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1