HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:25 am

I'm sort of surprised I like it this much, considering I'm not crazy about older Celtic Frost (I think it's alright, but I'm much more a fan of Hellhammer), nor about slow doom metal in general, but there's just something about this that makes me really enjoy it. I've listened to the album from beginning to end multiple times over the week or two that I've owned it, which I haven't done with an album in years. This is just so awesomely cool and neat.

Choosing a favorite song is hard, because I really like a lot of them. They're also pretty different from each other; a couple are relatively fast-paced (Progeny, Ain Elohim), while others are bludgeoning in their slow brutality (A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh, Ground), and yet others are quite relaxing to listen to. This song in particular I'd consider one of the relaxing songs, and it's possibly one of my favorite songs I've ever heard:

Love
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:58 pm

I like what I've heard of it, but it's not really my kind of thing.

I fucking hated the Triptykon album, though.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am

I got Triptykon's album "Eparistera Daimones" as well recently. I've only listened to it once so far, but it seems like a worth follow-up to Monotheist. I'll have to listen to it more to see how I feel about it in comparison to Monotheist; Monotheist also wasn't something I really enjoyed when I first heard tracks from it years ago, but then it grew on me a lot. Maybe the same thing will happen with this.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 pm

I liked the triptykon album

haven't heard an entire Celtic Frost album though
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 am

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
I liked the triptykon album

haven't heard an entire Celtic Frost album though

You've gotta get Monotheist; it's such a fucking awesome album. It's basically Triptykon before Triptykon came about. The other Celtic Frost albums are pretty different from it (as well as each other; Celtic Frost's entire body of work encompasses some very different styles), and I'm not as big a fan of them. I haven't heard Into The Pandemonium or Vanity/Nemesis, but To Mega Therion is a pretty neat doom/thrash album. I don't like Morbid Tales for the most part, because it sounds like Hellhammer but less raw and more stale. And then Cold Lake I think is underrated; it's Celtic Frost's glam album, but I think it's pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:13 am

I'll check out Monotheist. I'm really not big on much of any thrash so I'll probably steer clear of those albums
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 am

I really like the song Kurt posted, and I've never before heard a Celtic Frost song I've liked. Tried a few other songs from the same album on youtube and didn't like any of the others. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome   Today at 1:50 am

Back to top Go down

Celtic Frost's Monotheist is so awesome
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1