The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.   Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 pm

I've tried several times to get into Amebix, but I never could appreciate that early crust sound.

But the new album is pretty much awesome. I really dig "The Baron's" voice now. And the production and riffage are pretty much awesome.

Apparently long time fans say it's shit (judging by youtube anyway), but since I never liked them to start with I have no problems with it. Unlike most albums I've listened to lately, it's fucking catchy metal.

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.   Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Sounds like mushroomhead.
Back to top Go down
seepia.

PostSubject: Re: New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.   Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Hate their new stuff.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.   Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:09 am

Never listened to them before, but I've always heard their name mentioned alongside Discharge as being early crust punk. I love Discharge, so I've always meant to check out Amebix.

Listening to these songs, I can't say I really like this. This isn't the worst thing I've heard, but it doesn't do it for me. It sounds kind of like something that you'd find on Roadrunner Records today.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.   Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm

I think you ought to check out their earlier albums then, which are definitely early crust. Maybe that's more to your liking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.   Today at 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down

New Amebix is a good album, and I don't even like Amebix.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1