The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:50 pm

But I fucking love this song:

I'm just so in love with that late 70s and early 80s posthumous-disco sound--dance/r&b with a dash of funk and/or soul that showed lots of the first signs of incorporating electronic instruments and/or programming. I wish I knew the stuff better, and could think of more examples at the moment. Bootsy Collins and Rick James, some 80s James Brown and Stevie Wonder (Part-Time Lover might be one of the best examples) fits well...THIS SUAVE MOTHERFUCKER RIGHT HERE:

CANT GET ENOUGH AND AM FORGETTING SOOOOO MANY OTHERS IVE LOVED FOREVER
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

There's a songz I know that's pretty similar to that first one, lol. Wonder if it was an homage. Similar melody and lyrics and some of the instrumentation.

But yeah, a lot of that electro-disco bullshit is rad, and a definite influence on electroclash artists like Les Rythmes Digitales, Felix da Housecat, and Daft Punk's Discovery album. A few years back I was looking a bit into Italo-disco and its less funky brother, Hi-NRG.

This track is fuk'n prime:

And that Kano track is probably the best music video ever made.

This track of theirs really gets me moving:

which Felix famously sampled, along with this tune on his Kittenz and thee Glitz album:

I downloaded some Kano albums on iTunes, likely ripped from whatever CDs are available, but unfortunately the quality is bullshit. These albums need some digital remastering work done to them.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 pm

And of course you've got the dude who pretty much started that whole electronic disco sound (at least the less funky version which turned into Hi-NRG), Giorgio Moroder.

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Yeah, shit like this is good, and I'm a fan of most disco stuff.

I just don't know much of any of it. So, don't ask me for any recommendations.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 am

Not that I don't diggg all those tunes, Ab, but you're going farther into the deep end of the electro side of the stuff when with the stuff that I like most, I prefer to still be more heavily rooted in r&b/soul. Extra examples of the other extreme side of these still comparable song styles:

Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:42 am

But...you posted Kano's "Another Life", which is deeply rooted in the electro sound.

D:
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:15 am

Fuck yeah! Caribbean Queen.

EDIT: I've never heard it before, but Kano - Another Life fucking rocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too   Today at 12:05 am

Back to top Go down

Mebets Clitty is the most likely to recognize this brilliance, probably Abz too
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1