The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:10 pm

I wouldn't exactly call myself an overly emotional person or anything, not even close, but there are just some movies or TV shows that actually make me consistently tear up, especially when no one else is there. Sure, some of it is purely emotionally manipulative shit, but it works.

The Fountain - Damn, this movie gets me every time. Hell, after seeing the movie a few times, just watching the fucking trailer just about makes me tear up.

Legends of the Fall - I totally gay it up for this one. Some of those scenes toward the end get me just about every time.

The Last Samurai - No seriously, fuck you if you don't like this movie.

Hikaru No Go - This is an anime series (and secret secret where my ID comes from). I'm not joking, there's one scene that literally gets me balling way more than any other show or series (and most things in my life) ever have.

I could probably think of a few more. So fags, your turn.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Big Fish
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Gun Grave -- An anime about two kids that grow up together and join the syndicate with some cool twists. The ending gets me -- I've watched the series twice.

I've noticed that anime can get me all emotional and shit more so than movies. I can't think of anything else right now, but Gun Grave really stuck out for me when I read the title.

I'll try to remember more.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:03 pm

The Fox and the Hound
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:07 pm

GROCERIES wrote:
Gun Grave -- An anime about two kids that grow up together and join the syndicate with some cool twists. The ending gets me -- I've watched the series twice.

I've noticed that anime can get me all emotional and shit more so than movies. I can't think of anything else right now, but Gun Grave really stuck out for me when I read the title.

I'll try to remember more.

I'd add Millennium Actress and Paprika on top of that. Paprika not because it's sad but when Meditational Field comes on it's so beautiful. Cry
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Damn. That song is sweet. I don't know why I haven't watched Paprika, yet. I loved the hell out of Paranoia Agent. There was another one, right? Deep Blue? FUCK I FORGOT IT.

I remembered something. The scene in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when Will's dad says he can't do the trip thing with him and leaves.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:42 pm

Perfect Blue not deep blue. :p

and Tokyo Godfathers.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 pm

TV shows? None. Never.

Movies? I've gotten teary-eyed on a few, like Edward Scissorhands, Forrest Gump and Big Fish, among at least a few others I can't remember right now but no tears have dropped. The one movie that has actually reduced me to a sobbing mess is Rushmore. I've watched it dozens of times, and it seems that what is going on in my life at the time (or what isn't going on in my life at the time), and who I'm watching it with (or who I'm not watching it with...lol) dictates how I perceive the film and what my emotional reaction is to it. But it's the ending that does it for me-- the line, "I didn't get hurt that bad," the slow motion and then the Faces song "Ooh La La" all work together to get me a-blubberin'.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Eh, millions of them have... I think it's genetic because my dad is the same way

Schindler's List, Grave of the Fireflies, Happiness, etc.

Pretty sure the most recent case was Heavenly Creatures. Don't remember the specifics
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:06 pm

jthefrank wrote:
Happiness

Philip Seymour Hoffman masturbating always brings a tear to my eye, as well.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:08 pm

This is such a precious thread.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:16 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
This is such a precious thread.

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah, Grave of the Fireflies usually gets me as well. I've never actually seen many of the other movies mentioned here, like Big Fish, but I've heard lots of good things about it.

I do need to see Paprika again because I kind of watched it only once when I was distracted, and it has been too long since I've seen Rushmore to remember much about it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Rushmore makes me laugh hysterically for 85 minutes then crumble and weep for the last five. It's so fucking great. The should-be girlfriend says it's her favorite movie ever, and I'd love to watch it with her, but I'm afraid of how badly I may lose my composure in front of her lol.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Cry in front of her, and then she'll totally let you ass fuck her. Women love that shit.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:16 pm

But only a few tears, don't go all out or that definitely hurts their opinion of you.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Never go full retard!
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:06 am

The Fountain - both tears on account of sadness (you know the scene) and pure fucking extatic bliss (you know that one too)

The Wrestler - aw.... damnit...

ET - ever since I was a kid, the scene where Eliot's sick, that always gets me.

Boys 'n da Hood - for some weird reason, this was the first movie I can ever remember tearing up to, and it was the shootout scene. Very strange.

The Lion King - the aftermath of the stampede.

A Beautiful Mind - schizophrenia runs in the family, and while ABM is quite a bit "Hollywood" it still pushes the right buttons.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 am

Yeah Boyz n The Hood is actually another one I at first couldn't remember. Though it wasn't the shootout that did it for me. It was the very end, Doughboy's and Tre's talk after it had all calmed down, and then Doughboy's image fading away. GOT ME GOOD Other scenes that get me goin are where Tre freaks out and then breaks down at Brandi's house, and also after Ricky's shot and they bring his body back to the house and his Mom loses her shit and goes hysterical and madly wales on Doughboy. SAD
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I just remembered another one. The Futurama episode with Fry's brother. At the end they're on the planetoid graveyard and uh, something happens and it closes with the shot on Fry with some '80s song going. Dammit I'm bad remembering specifics but I teared up a little.

And I never watched Bridge To Terabitha, but that probably would of gotten me too
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:27 pm

How in the hell do you never remember any particulars of anything? Even when you buy some hugely anticipated new, famous, popular record you post it in the hauls thread as "band x - new one" and movies in the recently watched movies thread as things you can't remember the stars of or the complete name of the title or if it's a sequel which number in the series it is or worse lol. Do you have the memory/retention of a goldfish or are you just not even paying attention?

That's "Luck of the Fryrish" and the song is Simple Minds' "Don't You Forget About Me"

Reminds me now that I guess I have come close with television before...and it was Futurama lol. The end of "Jurassic Bark" where Fry's dog Seymour waits for Fry for the rest of his little dog life. Mad tear-jerker done both really well and without a "ha! gotcha for almost gettin emotional, FAG!" gag at the end and just closing seriously. Awesome end of an awesome episode. Perfect song selection helped plenty too though, of course haha.

Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
How in the hell do you never remember any particulars of anything? Even when you buy some hugely anticipated new, famous, popular record you post it in the hauls thread as "band x - new one" and movies in the recently watched movies thread as things you can't remember the stars of or the complete name of the title or if it's a sequel which number in the series it is or worse lol. Do you have the memory/retention of a goldfish or are you just not even paying attention?

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B

It's all the brain damage from alcohol and football scratch

Last edited by jthefrank on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:11 pm

...and to be fair, I haven't watched that episode in probably 5 years, so I'm giving myself a pass on not remembering the episode title or the song Shame On You
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:30 pm

The column B was kind of a joke lol but seriously? You put shit on and don't always devote your full attention? What in the hell is the point? I've had friends/roommates that "watch" shit like that and it confused me to the point of making me angry, doing shit like being on the phone or computer. Not even like for something they've seen before and is an old favorite and they just want something on for background while they do something else or whatever. I even do that a little myself when I'm eating. When I know my face is gonna be in my plate for the next twenty minutes but I want something on I put on an episode of Seinfeld or Simpsons I've seen a thousand times.

But these unappreciative, uncultured, simple fools come home with a DVD or something that they're all excited to watch for the first time and they heard it was supposed to be awesome and it has their favorite actors in it or whatever the fuck and they put it in and ten minutes into it I can hear, "Oh hey what's up. No I didn't see that on FaceBook, but I'll look it up right now. No I'm not doing anything. Just watching Fast and the Furious 4. Yeah, it's awesome." And they'll "watch" the whole movie like that, dividing their attention erratically and unequally between their phone, a person on the phone, and their laptop and then when it's over, after having only truly watched maybe thirty minutes of the movie and in separate pieces, come out and say, "Dude, you shoulda watched Harry Potter 6 with me. It was awesome."
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Well the "not paying attention" refers more to album names. Of my last haul of 6 albums, the only title I know is Disarmonia Mundi's Mind Tricks, probably because it makes me think of Jedi Mind Tricks

Also I'm only about 90% that actually is the title

I do have horrible retention though. When I watched Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows 2 last month, I literally could not remember a single thing about Part 1. And I saw that in the theaters with full undivided attention. In fact I couldn't tell you much about any of the Harry Potters (I own them all) other than one has a spider cave part, one has a werewolf, one has an Olympics-type thing, etc. Although that probably has more to do with their recycled MacGuffins + Deus Ex Machina plotlines

Could be because of the number of movies I watch, or the amount of shit I have going on in my life all the freaking time with my job and traveling and trying to balance a large slate of games + movies + music with having a social life. Or it could be trauma from the number of times I blacked out after skiing wipeouts/blown jumps or leading with my head in football, etc.

Last edited by jthefrank on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.   Today at 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Lets gay it up. Movies and TV shows that actually make you cry.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next