Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:49 pm

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 pm

That should be pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Its fucking sick it probably going to be number 1 on my list now, They have done it fucking again.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:05 pm

I thought it wasn't coming out til next year though?

Pretty sure I read that there's gonna be a DVD too, and also I think Osmose is gonna rerelease Voice of Steel on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:03 am

Blu-Ray? I need a new television and home theater immediately.

Nokturnal Mortum - LIVE "The Voice of Steel" from Pilman on Vimeo.

HOLY SHIT

Also, that live album is 2 discs, 15 songs. Not sure about length.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:55 am

Generally live albums are the best in the rock genre and def. metal. Rock bands tend to play much faster and you get more energy in the songs, and stoner/doom bands have the ability to embellish and deviate from the expected path of a song that a trained listener is accustomed to (minor or significant).

Plus the bass is louder and more pronounced, and that makes it fucking great. Better more so is bands with one guitarists that cover both a lead and rhythm part of a song have to instead choose one, and that makes for some awesome sounds since guitarists usually go for the lead part leaving more of the rhythm stuff for the bass. While the reviews of posters hear said that the sound quality of the instuments of the band Immortal live was below par, the numerous bootleg recordings i have of their live shows kick children's ass.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:09 am

What are you high? Most metal bands' live albums are shit. Not because they can't play live, but because they can't afford to/don't know how to record live. And the bass is usually the first thing to just completely disappear.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:46 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Also, that live album is 2 discs, 15 songs. Not sure about length.

2 hours 1 minute

http://www.filesonic.com/file/m4djeNT
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:43 am

god fucking damnit I just watched that 10-minute vimeo video (before I only had it playing in the background and wasn't actually watching it) and what the fuck? who the fuck edited that, Steve Harris? It's got way too many fucking cuts. Even during slower or more focused parts of the song it's it's just jumping from shot to shot rapid fire. It looks and sounds great, but the editing absolutely, thoroughly, completely kills it dead in its tracks.

my immediate need for a new home theater is lost. Also, it advertises a Blu-Ray at the end, but that's the only mention of one maybe existing anywhere. As far as I know the DVD isn't even something properly announced or listed anywhere, despite this having been a "DVD coming soon" for about a year now.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:54 am

Who cares about the dvd the live is still fucking amazing
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:55 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
What are you high? Most metal bands' live albums are shit. Not because they can't play live, but because they can't afford to/don't know how to record live. And the bass is usually the first thing to just completely disappear.
Perhaps you've been grabbing the bad one but stuff like "No Sleep till Bedtime" or "The Wacken Carnage" or "Alive" have great production. Also, most bootlegs seem to have the recordings near the bass-side or at small venue's so the bass is pretty apparent.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Better bass? If anything, that's the downside of metal shows, especially in venues with shitty sound. Half of the time the bass is all you can hear.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Anyways, I finally got around to listening to this. Holy shit, this is fucking amazing. I wish I could have been there.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

jeffnogo wrote:
Better bass? If anything, that's the downside of metal shows, especially in venues with shitty sound. Half of the time the bass is all you can hear.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:01 pm

possybending wrote:
jeffnogo wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

It is with 90% of metal bands that don't know how to write an interesting bass line and put all of the melody into the guitars.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:12 am

Meh, lot of bass lines out there are good, even the sometimes simplistic ones have a rhythm that's better when it's just louder. Plus, a louder bass just creates a more enjoyable pyramid of sound for me, so even if it's just the same note going over while the lead's are slightly less noticeable, I'm still going to like it.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 am

That bores me. I need my guitar melodies.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 pm

I could do without guitars, or just one guitar line without a rhythm guitar trying to cover the bass-line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME   Today at 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down

A FUCKING LIVE ALBUM YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1