The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
obliscence

PostSubject: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:37 am

Excuse the last minute posting...

12/16/2011

Cruciamentum (United Kingdom w/ members of Adorior, Grave Miasma, Indesinence)
Dispirit (SF/Oakland ex-Weakling/Asunder)
Anhedonist (Seattle death doom]
Acephalix (SF/Oakland filthy death metal w/ Vastum members)
Ritual Necromancy Portland ominous war doom)

@Elbo Room
647 Valencia
San Francisco

21+
8:00pm
$10

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 am

You're John Gossard, aren't you?

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
obliscence

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:39 am

Also, this may be Dispirit's last gig for some time since they are laying off anything until they find a full time second guitarist.
Back to top Go down
obliscence

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:40 am

that may or may not be a closely guarded secret.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:42 am

who the hell is John Gossard?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:32 am

Cghost21 wrote:
who the hell is John Gossard?
The man who I wish were my father.

Anyway, not going to this show cuz I'm going to see Sister Crayon and Tera Melos in Sacramento the same night instead. Hopefully the full-time second guitarist thing can be figured out soon, and it won't be too long before the next time I can get my Dispirit fix. ALSO: shove your way onto that Wolves in the Throne Room/Worm Ouroboros/Ash Borer Slim's bill and please update about album info if you are indeed working on an album; and, if you're not working on an album, WORK ON AN ALBUM.

I'm just gonna run with this whole you are John Gossard thing, in case you haven't noticed.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:07 am

John Gossard is the guitar player and vocalist for Weakling, Asunder, and Dispirit.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:36 am

obliscence wrote:
Also, this may be Dispirit's last gig for some time since they are laying off anything until they find a full time second guitarist.

Do they play 6 strings? Can't remember. Do they have the guitar parts tabbed out? Do you know their tuning? I really was blown away when I saw them live. It was an actual experience. Wasn't just a live show. Anyways I really dig them. I'd try to join the band for sure
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:00 pm

I didn't go to this show because I was putting furniture into a moving truck all day then later driving for 8 hours. Woo!
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:11 pm

How long are you in SF for?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm not there anymore.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
John Gossard is the guitar player and vocalist for Weakling, Asunder, and Dispirit.

WAY TO FORGET THE GAULT DUM DUM
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:29 pm

I've never really listened to them and wasn't sure what part he played in the band.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:33 pm

You need to fix that. Even As All Before Us is at least on par with all his other high-bar setting projects he's been involved in. And he I think only played guitar on it, unless he did some backing vocals or something and wasn't credited. But I'm pretty sure that not counting the backing female vocals on that album they were all done by Ed Hakunamatatakorn or whatever his crazy name is. He's an incredible vocalist, I think. A really distinctive voice, one I've never heard anything like before. Which sucks though, because as far as I know he's never worked on anything else.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Talking about Even As All Before Us got me all album-horny so I've been bumping that shit for the last hour and holy god is it amazing as ever still. Though clearly it had been a while since the last time I listened to it haha, cuz Lorraine's vocals are more than merely "backup", but they are indeed still used sparingly in relation to Ed, though. It's interesting to hear her on this record and then compare it to how she sounds on Worm Ouroboros. You can of course tell it's her on both records, but she's definitely progressed and sounds even better on Worm Ouroboros.

Shit now I'm gettin my pants all tight thinkin about the new Worm Ouroboros. FUCK.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:54 am

I assume you heard that it's coming in March
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:42 am

NOPE
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 am

Aesop posted that it's being released in March on Facebook today or yesterday. Search for it
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Just looked, and found no such news to confirm your wild and crazy allegations.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Aesop-Chris Bruni of Profound Lore Records called "Come The Thaw" by Worm Ouroboros "Probably one of the most heartbreaking albums we'll ever put out."

David Zoller When does this come out??

Aesop Dekker March 2012
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Dusted off the ole fake facebook account used only for lurkin and looked at Worm Ouruboros and Aesop Dekker's pages, saw nothing still, then typed in fragments of your quotes into Google and it turned up zero results, then went to Profound Lore's facebook and found Profound Lore themselves making a post similar to that but not exactly, and in fact it said "late March/early April".

THANKS FOR MAKIN ME DO ALL THAT WORK
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:42 pm

lol wut
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:46 pm

wut lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix   Today at 11:52 pm

Back to top Go down

San Fracisco Friday Dec. 16th: Dispirit, Cruciamentum, Anhedonist, Ritual necromancy, Acephalix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1