The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Slipknot's self titled should have been a 7 track EP.

1. 742617000027
2. (Sic)
3. Eyeless
4. Wait and Bleed
5. Surfacing
6. Me Inside
7. Diluted

Time 20 minutes

The rest of the album is pretty much throw away songs, if this EP were made it would be near perfect.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:55 pm

I like No Life and Only One. Liberate was an okay song as well.

I haven't listened to them in a long time.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Umm no?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Those are pretty much the worst songs minus Diluted. Purity, Scissors, and Prosthetics are the best songs on it.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:13 pm

If it did not have Prosthetics or Scissors I probably would have not gotten into this band as much as I had. The faster songs were cool but these slow builders are what made me a "maggot" those early years in life.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Those are best types of songs that they do, and they should have done it more often. I'm afraid their next album will be all faster paced and aggressive stuff. I'll probably like it, but it would be nice to hear some slower and darker stuff from them.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Gently (Iowa) remains my favorite song from the group. In fact that's still my fav album of the group, despite how fun some of the songs from their latest was. To me, Iowa and Untouchables were the best the genre of Nu-metal ever created.

Scissors in general I don't think is a great song but builds things so well that you really don't notice to well how bleh it is.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:39 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:12 am

Shitty band is shitty regardless of how they release their shit.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 am

I like the people in this thread who dislike their songs more that the ones who like their (crappy) songs.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:18 am

I really like Skin Ticket. I like how everything is pretty subdued until the end when it just opens up with the "Keeping myself alive through your empathy" (which, all these years, I thought he was saying apathy) Gently is a good one, though. It has a really nice build up. Flows really well to that point.

Scissors is my favorite song by them. I can see why some people may not like it but I've just always been a big fan of it. Although, it does go on a bit too long. Should have ended the song at around 5 minutes rather than have the 3 minutes of what they say was improvised. I've done a cover of the song before and I'll probably do another one with a different style at some point.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:19 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
Those are pretty much the worst songs minus Diluted. Purity, Scissors, and Prosthetics are the best songs on it.

What is Purity. That hidden track at the end of Scissors?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:22 am

No... "Purity" is track 9. Although I suppose you have the rereleased version... the original self-titled has 2 songs after "Tattered and Torn" called "Frail Limb Nursery" and "Purity". They were removed due to legal reasons. And they replaced them with "Me Inside"...

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:06 am

Yeah they replaced it with the good song. tongue
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:22 am

"(sic)" is the only non-shit song on the album.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Since making this thread I've warmed up to Prosthetics.

Still don't really like Scissors that much though.

Green_shoes wrote:
Liberate was an okay song as well.

I can't get into this song mainly because it sounds like he says Liberate bananas

Which is part of the reason I didn't like Prosthetics because it sounded like he said I knew it was a Mustang.

Tongue
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Born of Osiris' first album was pretty short as well. Oh well. For some bands it just seems difficult to make a lot of material. My band has that problem atm, but we're working on it.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:02 am

Shit is shit like said before but in all honesty the worst thing to happen to the band Is Corey Taylor

MFKR was decent for a nu-metal album but then dick bag took over and ruined it

oh and their self title was an ep, a 6 song one

best song from the album

sorry had to do it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:52 am

Corey Taylor was the best thing to happen to the band. MFKR is the worst thing they ever released. All of the rerecorded songs are much better than the MFKR versions.

Also, you say Corey Taylor is the worst thing to happen because of what happened with the self-titled... but only 3 members from MFKR were still in Slipknot when the self-titled was recorded. The MFKR lineup wrote most of the self-titled as well.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Its his vocals that ruin any slipknot album even being listenable, byour are a fan though so your perspective differs from mine but MFKR was far superior (which isnt saying much), Corey also takes credit for lyric he didnt write.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:43 pm

He did change the lyrics up a little... but I've never seen him take credit for Anders stuff.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Loxx, what do you think of Corey's reaction to Gray's death? Do you take sides with him saying it's too soon for a new record and stuff and possibly wanting to disband Slipknot?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:56 pm

That slipknot song sounds like a wannabe candlemass song.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:16 am

RespawnedDemon wrote:
Loxx, what do you think of Corey's reaction to Gray's death? Do you take sides with him saying it's too soon for a new record and stuff and possibly wanting to disband Slipknot?
About 2 years late on that one, brah. I would have been perfectly fine with Slipknot breaking up (aside from the fact that I have yet to see them live after being a fan for 13-14 years). It's been 4 years since All Hope Is Gone and they're recording a new one next year. I say that's a long break that they took and if they want to go for it, I'm ready to hear what they do. Paul was one of the guys that created the band, though, and was a huge driving force behind the band. Could be an interesting turn they take. I know Donnie Steele is doing bass for them live, but I wonder if they're even going to bother with bass parts on the new one.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 am

Just have Sid or one of the extra dummers play Bass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.   Today at 11:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Fact: Slipknot's self titled album should have been an EP.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next