The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Who'd a thunk it.

The new recordings are way worth it. I can imagine these vocals are way more appealing to some people than his dying-cat-shrieks.

My Journey to the Stars is as epic as ever, except now the production is way heavier.

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title: Galder

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah, what I've heard of these rerecordings are pretty good, but My Journey to the Stars is probably my second favorite Burzum track, so I know it back and forth. I must say I prefer the original more. With this rerecording the drums, rhythm guitars, and vocals all sound amazing, but the lead guitars sound a little off. It almost seems like he is playing slightly different notes that just sound wrong to me. Also, it's slightly faster than the original.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Yeah, it does sound different, that's why he re-recorded it Wink
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title: post-post

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:41 pm

This whole album is faster than the original songs. Key to the Gate is supppper fast.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title: Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:35 pm

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Burzum/From_the_Depths_of_Darkness/319197/

these people dont like it, 5 reviews 44% avg
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title: post-post

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Of course they don't. It's Metal Archives.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title: Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:40 am

The only guy i trust on there is autothrall and he gave it a 60. The guy has fucking just under 3000 reviews
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 am

His review is pretty spot on, though. All the others are full of "it's not necro enough!"-type comments. The second to last one basically says "Varg couldn't play any instrument consistently back then, and that was part of the charm. Now when he actually plays them properly all the "feel" is lost." Which is a bull-shit argument, and out of all those reviews some kind of common denominator.

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.   Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:29 am

Listened to some of it tonight... I think I prefer the older tracks. Now I'm just sitting and listening to Filosofem. God damn, this is such a good album. I mean, I've heard it before... but I forgot how great it was.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com

Burzum's re-recorded compilation is good.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy ::  :: -