The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:05 pm

…and they still fucking rocked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydztvn1XB00&feature=player_detailpage#t=478s

Even Porcelain Heart, which by Opeth standards is a shitty song, was heavy.

Only dud was Throat of Winter and the first few minutes of Axe's drum solo (mainly ruined by a few retards who actually tried to clap... to a drum solo...).

I would have loved to see To Bid You Farewell on an all-clean set-list, but they picked out lots of old goodies.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:02 pm

I saw their all clean set on their Damnation tour. It kicked ass. They did play To Bid You Farewell then, but now they have a lot more "all clean" options to pick from.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Yeah I saw them on this tour too. I thought it was great, but people were actually booing at my show. It was pathetic. Some dude said something like, "STOP THIS PUSSY SHIT".

As if almost all Opeth songs don't have a "pussy" section in them.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Did you Kerr that asshole right in the nuts?

EDIT: This does remind me. Has anyone been to a show where a majority of the crowd is booing a band? It's happened twice to me, and one was actually an Opeth show. They weren't booing Opeth, though, they were booing Paradise Lost. Everyone was kind of being assholes to them, but admittedly this was right in the middle of Paradise Lost's shitty phase, and they didn't play any of their older material.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:39 pm

I saw Necrophagist in Cleveland once and some shitty local band was opening for them. They got booed off the stage halfway into their second song.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Is that where you were sitting?
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:08 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Is that where you were sitting?

Provided that was aimed at me, no, I was on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:14 am

Yes it was aimed at you. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...   Today at 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Saw Opeth yesterday. Set list was all clean vocals...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1