The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 pm

New song and cover art:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13014-withered/

I can't even handle this. I'm going insane.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:04 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
New song and cover art:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13014-withered/

I can't even handle this. I'm going insane.

I liked it. Really excited for the 23rd.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 am

I wanna murder because I can't also go to the 24th date in Santa Cruz. I imagine it'd be a more fun venue than Slim's and I'd love to see Deafhaven, since I've missed every other opportunity I've had to see them.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
I wanna murder because I can't also go to the 24th date in Santa Cruz. I imagine it'd be a more fun venue than Slim's and I'd love to see Deafhaven, since I've missed every other opportunity I've had to see them.

I have a friend who's gone to that venue as he lives in SC, not sure how the venue is. I'll ask. I'm not going to make both dates either. DFHVN is a pretty good band, but their set length when they were headlining was way too short, they are never playing the final track of Roads to Judah live, + a lot of people bring up the vocalist's stage antics. Definitely see them, but they will absolutely play a decent amount of bay area shows this year.

DAT CROWD. lol it's a hardcore fest with tons of bros. not surprised.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah I told a buddy of mine who lives in Santa Cruz, who actually does like Wolves in the Throne Room, that he should try to go to at least one of the shows. I don't know how much he still likes them, but he was a big fan of Two Hunters and him and I both saw them at Slim's in I think 2009 or 2010 for the Black Cascade tour. He said he checked out Worm Ouroboros and that they sounded pretty good. But, like I said, don't know how much he cares, plus they're both dates on fucking weekday nights which doesn't make it any easier or enticing.

That video sucks. Only thing it does for the band is tell how they can't get or can't pick a good venue or bill to jump on. The band was good, but the singer was a weirdo for what seemed no good reason other than to try to look like a weirdo, which is not a good reason at all. That crowd doesn't look bro at all though, but they do look very b(ro)ored. Like a bunch of 17 year-olds that got into indie rock two years ago and then somebody showed them Minor Threat and Fugazi and they say they like all that is hardcore but would still rather listen to Wilco and Neutral Milk Hotel. Not that Deafhaven is necessarily a band every hardcore fan should like, or even really all that close to pure hardcore, but still.

Also: fuck all of those photographers, and most scenetographers of the like. Faggots.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 am

I DIDNT SEE YOU AT THE SHOW
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:28 am

IM SORRY I DIDNT WEAR THE EXACT SAME THING I DID THE LAST TIME
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 am

I WAS LOOKING FOR YOUR HAIR/FACE AS I THINK I WOULD MAYBE RECOGNIZE IT FROM THAT ONE THREAD
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 am

I was wearing the same hat lol HOW MUCH EASIER COULD I MAKE IT
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
I was wearing the same hat lol HOW MUCH EASIER COULD I MAKE IT

Much easier
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Come the Thaw CD up for pre-order, and vinyl to be released in summer by none other than Flenser. Yipee. Now gimme dat headlining tour.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 am

Profound Lore now has it in their store too, and it doesn't say it's a pre-order, though Midheaven's site still says pre-order. Just ordered from Profound Lore along with a couple other things.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:26 pm

CTT is pretty sweet, but I don't think it's as good as the first so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)   Today at 9:46 am

Back to top Go down

DAMMIT KERR YOU'VE SCREWED ME AGAIN!!! (also: Wolves in the Throne Room west coast dates)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3