Share | 

COOL STORY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: COOL STORY   Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:37 pm

A few years ago I saw Boris. Once when they were opening for Nine Inch Nails, and then later that same week at a dinky dive bar. At the second show, I had to hang around 'cos I was waiting for my friends to pick me up 'cos I absolutely hated trying to find parking in that area (it fucking sucks there), so I decided to go talk to the band while they were packing up.

Most of 'em didn't have a clue what I was saying, and Wata just gave me this blank, confused stare the entire time I was talking to her, and it made me feel like a super idiot because I could tell she didn't know what the hell I was saying, but I figured I'd already started so I may as well keep on going till I was done with what I wanted to say, lol—otherwise if I would have stopped abruptly, I would have gotten all tongue-tied and not know what to do, and in the end making it all the more awkward. So I shot the shit, said thank you, to which she said, "Oh—arigato!" She finally had recognized an English phrase, lolz.

TRUE STORY

But the drummer dude, he spoke English pretty well. He was I think the last I talked to (not with), and I thought, "Oh, thank God, he can understand me and we can hold somewhat of a conversation!"

Thought I'd share that since I was thinking about it while folding my clothes and listening to Smile, woooo!
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: COOL STORY   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Also, I was sitting (yeah, fuck standing) next to the Zebulon Pike drummer for Boris' entire set, and we—as well as everybody else crowded in this little room—were totally entranced by the final song from Smile, which felt like an extended outro, and we all could've listened to that for fifteen more minutes. After it was over, the ZP drummer dude looks and me and says with a gigantic smile, "Kind of a religious experience, isn't it?" WOO, TRUE STORY THERE TOO, BROS

Anyway, that track (which apparently has no title) will always make me yearn I was still in that room, 'cos while I wouldn't call it a religious experience, there was something there that can't really be explained, and everyone swaying back and forth in that room felt it, too.

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: COOL STORY   Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:13 pm

YOU DICKHEADS RACIST AGAINST MY COOL STORY OR SOMETHING?
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: COOL STORY   Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:36 am

Cool story

Sis
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll