The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:25 am

http://www.amazon.com/Band-Brothers-Pacific-Special-Blu-ray/dp/B005GYSUYI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1320833981&sr=8-7

Hunnid bux sounds pretty good for both on Blu-Ray plus it's the collector's box with some exclusive stuff. I only have Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray (haven't seen The Pacific at all still, actually) and I'd bet it'd still get me ten bucks or so in store credit at my local record store, so I wouldn't mind dropping this much on them. But I still am sans television and BLOORAY player so I'd feel kind of silly buying something to further delay my ability to play that something. Seems like this is a price that might not be this low again for a while, though.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:41 am

Dunno if that's a good price; thought it was just the two packaged together, unaware of new features and stuff. :o

I paid $37.49 for my Band of Brothers set and $38.99 for The Pacific (which kicks ass and the quality's just as great as on BOB).

DUNNO WHAT TO TELL YOU, BRO

but I'm satisfied with my Bloo-ray tins and the prices I paid for 'em.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 am

yeahhhhhh...I remember when both were as low as I think $33.99 or so, and wanted to grabz em up so bad, and that was right around the time The Pacific first came out, close to around a year ago or so I think. Obviously, if I had grabbed them then, I still wouldn't have watched them by now lol.

I'm sure I'll probably end up passing on them again.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:35 am

Will probably get cheaper with the upcoming holiday sales.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:50 pm

I still need to watch the rest of The Pacific. I think I got through the first 4 or 5 episodes but then fell out of it.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Bought Band of Brothers on DVD from Costco a couple years ago, but haven't gotten around to watching it. I did watch it way back when it aired, but it seems like that was a long time ago.

Also read the book Citizen Soldier, but I can't remember if that was the follow-up to BoB or D-Day
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Wow.

If my dad didn't already own both, I'd drop that on him and be the best fucking son ever to have lived.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 pm

drop it on me and be the best so to ever lived to me instead.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:25 am

might get that for my dad for christmas
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 am

Holy shit, Band of Brothers is so fucking good. Might have to start rewatching that tomorrow or something. Seems I watch it every year around this time.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 am

I think I've watch the whole thing five times through, but I've never watched it without surround sound, and I don't have those capabilities right now, and probably won't for a long time. It just doesn't seem right. Kinda how I feel about a lot of shows and movies, actually. I was spoiled for too long that it's too hard to go back, so I'd rather just not watch anything. Retarded, I know.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm

The Pacific is $20 on amazon
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Ended up getting the combo set when it was ~$50 at the WB shop.

I found The Pacific to be vastly inferior to Band of Brothers. Band of Brothers had the bar set so incredibly though, of course, which means The Pacific was still pretty decent overall, but definitely pales in comparison to Band of Brothers. Might like it more with additional viewings, but I'm not all that motivated to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 pm

I haven't watched The Pacific twice yet but my friend and I really have a hankering. We didn't like it nearly as much as BOB, but it's really good on its own. What's dumb though is there's no "play all" option for the episodes with introductory timeline/history narration and WWII footage. That stuff sets up the episodes so much better than watching them straight, much like the interviews with soldiers in BOB. But having to play each episode individually to see them is super ghey like whey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?   Today at 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down

AB AB AB HAD YOU SEEN THIS AND IS IT GOOD AND IS IT A GOOD PRICE AND WILL YOU BE GETTING IT?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1