Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Yeah, yeah... it tells you exactly where to go when you get the next item. So fucking what? That's what Fusion and Other M do. This feels like a god damn Metroid game. So far, all you do is pick something up and then head back to the area where you can use it with the occasional fight along the way. Maybe this has been compared before, but I've never seen it.

Just... yeah, like the title says. Dead Space feels like the modern version of Metroid. It's actually not scary. I know when every enemy appears and I promptly beat the shit out of them. Take out their legs, run up, then stomp the shit out of them.

Damn, what a game. I'm only an hour in, but this game shows a lot of promise.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:36 am

yeah Dead Space is definitely not scary. I don't know why people made such a big deal over it. I bought it a few black fridays ago and enjoyed it, but not enough to complete it or buy the sequel. Pretty cool game. Really like the shooting of limbs
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm

You didn't beat Dead Space? NIGGA WHY?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Probably because I bought around 6 games that black friday and one or two of the other games were much more interesting
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:01 pm

GROCERIES wrote:
You didn't beat Dead Space? NIGGA WHY?

Heh. I never even started it. Tongue
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 pm

WHY DO I EVEN TALK TO YOU GUYS STILL? You should start it, you sexy son of a bitch.

I'm going to wait for the x-mas sale to buy Dead Space 2 and play that shit. But, I'm definitely picking up Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and possibly Penumbra to play on Halloweenie night.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:32 pm

VTM:B is an incredible RPG. Pretty glitchy, but most of the stuff can be fixed with console commands. The mansion level is just ridiculous though. Way too scary
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Good. I heard there was a fanpatch that fixed a lot of stuff in the game.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Dead Space 2 is only $10 right now. How much lower could it go?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Not sure, but it's possible. Plus, I've got some other games that I would want to play before I get around to it anyways.

I'm not expecting it to go much lower, but if it's in the $10-$15 range the second time around, I won't be disappointed. I loved the first Dead Space--shitty controls and all.

Speaking of shitty controls, I would almost recommend that you play it on a 360 pad, if possible. I got used to the controls\aiming after awhile, but they were definitely a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:56 pm

I am using a 360 controller.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:03 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:44 pm

GROCERIES wrote:
Good. I heard there was a fanpatch that fixed a lot of stuff in the game.

There are a lot of fanpatches actually which is good because Troika went out of business shortly after releasing the game and Activision stopped supporting it. tongue
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:40 pm

I got bored of the fetch-quests about 7 hours in. I hear DS2 is way more interesting though.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:41 am

Shrike wrote:
I got bored of the fetch-quests about 7 hours in. I hear DS2 is way more interesting though.

It took me about 6 hours to beat the game. How far in were you?
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 am

Obviously, I suck at Dead Space :p I was on chapter 7. I do tend to go on scavenger hunts in all my games though.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:58 am

I didn't think Dead Space was that scary the first time I played, but I found it scarier when playing on hard mode. It was more intense than playing on normal was.

I think Dead Space is pretty cool. I haven't played Dead Space 2 yet though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:55 pm

I've beaten Dead Space. So far, I'm up to chapter 8 on Dead Space 2.

I liked the first one. The only real downers, to me, was the enemy you couldn't kill and the asteroid shooting bit. It took me around 8 tries to beat the asteroid section. The enemy you couldn't kill was just annoying. I hate games that do that. Not long before I started Dead Space I beat the new Alice game which also had a section where an enemy you couldn't kill was chasing you. I remember talking to Leslie and saying how I hated stuff like that in games. Ugh. I've read that there are several at the very end of Dead Space 2. Not looking forward to that bit. It seems that you can just use stasis on them then leave the room. If they can't make it to the door before it closes they won't follow you. So hopefully it won't be a huge deal. Blah. Dead Space 2 is pretty fun, though. Definitely more intense and creepy than the first. There have actual been small jump scares for me in the game. Worst part so far are the glitches. The game not loading when you die causing you to start back from a save point when you're almost to the next one. And one time the game reloading and my weapon being gone. Great.

Good times, I guess. The issues I have with the games really annoy me at those times, but otherwise I enjoy them.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:03 pm

I died so many times on that asteroid part. I thought I couldn't go outside so I just kept getting mowed over and over again. lol

I'm definitely going to pick up DS2 when it's on sale during Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:05 pm

The shooting is what got me. I was a bit confused on the walk there, though. Then I realized you were supposed to be ducking behind those things. I think I got to the room on my third of fourth try.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 pm

I'm up to chapter 10 now. This shit just keeps getting creepier and more intense. I had to take a break. This game seems pretty short, though. I'm about 6 hours in and I'm on chapter 10 of 15. The first one took me... 10-13 hours, I think. I can't remember exactly.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:28 am

I really hate the asteroid shooting in the first Dead Space. I was stuck on that for at least a day straight. What a fucking horribly designed section.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 am

Wait. I must be thinking of a different part.

It's not the part where you climb on some piece of asteroid\rock and put a bomb on it, right?

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

No. It's after the part you were talking about. You go into a room and sit at a turret. You have to shoot asteroids as they're approaching the ship or it blows up.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Oh. I didn't have any difficulty with that part. At least not that I remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid   Today at 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Holy shit... Dead Space is a modern Metroid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next