Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
you losers clearly haven't been playing the game
Weekends = out of town

I did get to play a bit last night. I got cursed twice, made the long trek to the belltower twice, died twice and lost all my souls on one of those trips, died to the giant rat twice, died to the gaping dragon twice, died to the giant club guy in the bottom of the skeleton place tower (because I still haven't managed to kill him), died to the ranged guy by the blacksmith, died to the hydra twice, and fell off several cliffs. Overall not much in the way of progress was made.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 am

Fought my first invader tonight. Was down in the poisonous bog and some dude with little armor and a gigantic sword came after me. Figured someone that bold would be geared up and waste me, but it was a butt raping. Didn't hit me once
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 am

fuck this guy
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41 am

jthefrank wrote:
After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
you losers clearly haven't been playing the game
Weekends = out of town

I did get to play a bit last night. I got cursed twice, made the long trek to the belltower twice, died twice and lost all my souls on one of those trips, died to the giant rat twice, died to the gaping dragon twice, died to the giant club guy in the bottom of the skeleton place tower (because I still haven't managed to kill him), died to the ranged guy by the blacksmith, died to the hydra twice, and fell off several cliffs. Overall not much in the way of progress was made.

Yikes, curse sucks. Luckily I haven't experienced it yet. Giant Rat can be cheesed with arrows, gaping dragon wasn't too difficult for me as you basically just have to keep your distance from him and then attack his sides or tail..or if you are more daring you can attack his crocodile head for some extra damage, Havel isn't too difficult just have to dodge roll his attacks/strafe..you can cheese/exploit him by going to through darkroot garden (or is it basin?) and just jump attacking (forward+R2 at same time) the door towards the right, hydra can be a bitch in so many ways..deal with the rock enemies in area and run up to the water. Keep your shield up and then counter attack the heads..should be able to take one down each time..when it gets down to one head I just shot my arrows at it..shit got annoying as it would constantly attack different places, but never go after me so I stopped shielding and just spammed arrows into it..I died so many times thanks to the bullshit drop in the water if you get too close, the enemy near the blacksmith can be a bitch. Definitely try to attack it's tail, but make sure you can tell when it's going to slap you with it's tail..easy to block, but can be a simple mistake that gets you killed.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:54 am

Ancient Rune wrote:

fuck this guy

always amazed by the people who speedrun these games.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 pm

I actually made a lot of progress last night (as opposed to Sunday). Found the crimson armor set in the bog area, which replaced my starting armors. Upgraded my winged spear +6 up to the raw winged spear + 1 so I'm finally doing some decent damage. This allowed me to beat the shield knight with the large club, which gave the ring allowing me to move at <25% burden. With that new speed I rolled through a bunch of the bosses.

Hydra went down on first attempt. Once I was close enough to be under his ranged attack, I'd just hold block through his charge and took out each head one by one.

Giant rat went down on one attempt. Was able to get behind most of his attacks and wear him down.

Beat a giant cat-thing above the waterfall. It got stuck on a tree and basically gave me a free kill. Then two more came, and I didn't feel like using the lame glitch again so I left. I promise myself that will be the only cheese kill I do.

To the left of the giant cat, I lost about 15,000 souls. I think it was a mage + archer + ????. I was trying to kite some of the treant things and got turned around and basically got mowed down from behind and was not able to make it to my corpse(s) again. Very frustrating.

Think tonight I'll be re-trying gaping dragon with my sleek new setup
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:

fuck this guy

only a fucking nip
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Ah, fuck the spider bitch. Every fucking time I get caught in her legs and then blown up by the AOE
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:02 am

I restarted as a theif and i got to where i was before (bell gargoyles) without dying once.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:07 am

jthefrank wrote:
Ah, fuck the spider bitch. Every fucking time I get caught in her legs and then blown up by the AOE
Beat that bitch after like 25 tries.... just to run into the next boss just down the road where I have absolutely no idea where to even begin a strategy
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Are you talking about in the demon ruins? Gimmick fight
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Holy shit the lightning spear is overpowered.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:49 pm

jthefrank wrote:
Holy shit the lightning spear is overpowered.

It is quite good. I just started upgrading it and it's at +3 or +4. Me gusta. I've also been messing around with the gravelord sword. Meh..it can hit for a decent amount, but it swings so god damn slow
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 am

I don't know what the fuck is up with the translation in the game but it's seriously pissing me off. There's NO way this was intentional. Firekeeper at firelink shrine dies to lautrec obviously. I was okay with this as I knew I could revive her later in game. Now I am later in game and after I kill Lautrec I get "Fire Keeper Soul" the same item that is used for estus flask upgrades. Doesn't say her actual name next to soul or anything. Of course I used it for estus upgrade rather than reviving her. Firelink bonfire is off limits for rest of game. Cool.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 am

I'd almost say having an extra +1 to your flask is better than having the firelink bonfire. Assuming that's how its working for you, I revived her
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:57 am

I'm not able to warp from the firelink shrine so it's pretty inconvenient for me. God dammit
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:34 am

just got cursed god fucking dammit. Might check out New Londo now to shit all over those ghosts. But seriously this screenshot is amazing and makes me really think just about any screenshot of the level is pretty awesome

Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:46 pm

On the Tomb of Giants part (near the end of the game I think). I remember from the Game Informer review that you're supposed to carry a lantern through that part, but god knows where that is. I figure I'll stumble around in the dark for several hours and then give up and consult my guide.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Fucking beat it. Level 91, took like 30 attempts on the final boss without any outside help. Once I figured out the setup and strategy it only took about 10-15 attempts to get it down
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:21 am

Finally got this shit.

Fucking awesome so far. A lot harder than I thought it would be, despite what everyone says about it.

Rolled a Warrior. Running around with a giant fucking 2-handed claymore.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:19 am

Took a long ass break from the game. Came back and killed Four Kings on my first try (since I returned). I fought them as if it was a DPS race. Figured out when to attack. Got the perfect amount of poise so that I could take a hit and still finish my swing. Ended up using all of my flasks during the fight and I was one hit away from dying while 4 kings were up at once. So intense. Joined Darkstalkers. Went back to catacombs-Tomb of Giants. Got shit on by those magic using tentacle guys and decided to quit there.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm just starting Blighttown.

This game is so brutal.

Finally killed the super armored guy at the bottom of the tower in Undead Burg and got myself a nice ring that lets me wear more heavy equipment. Now I can wear my entire Elite Knight armor set (with the Gargoyle's Helm), 2-handed sword in 1 hand and my Black Knight Shield in the other, all while still moving like I'm wearing leather.

Shit dies when I swing that sword, and I am a fucking tank at the same time.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Tip: there are certain enemies that have an extremely high drop rate for poison cures, which are nice for Blighttown...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Today at 4:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next