The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:22 am

The internet ended up spoiling a character's death, but it definitely didn't spoil the majority of the episode for me. A lot happened. Wonder if the fans of the show are going to be split on which character(s) they side most with. So far no one has been in the right 100% of the time, but I can still say I understand why Walt has done nearly everything he has done
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:36 am

So then why did Walt call Skyler at the end of the episode to tell her everything she already knew (i.e. confess), when it should have been obvious to anyone that the cops were there, especially to a super genius. Their son already called the cops, and he took the daughter. How would they not be there listening?

It would have made sense if he just called her to tell her off, but not give the cops anything. But to also confess to everything that she already knew. I don't see the point of it, and it definitely does him no good if he intentionally confessed to the cops. One of the many instances of Walt breaking character in a confusing and unnatural way, solely for the purpose of developing the story.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:12 am

The friend I was watching the episode with said she thinks it was intentional and that he knew the police were listening. I think we'll find out next episode. If not then I'd definitely agree with you on the writers just half-assing it. I meant more in regard to the hiring of hitmen, making meth, actually killing certain characters, and other events. IMO it's hard to blame him for those things
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:25 am

Yeah, maybe the writers will pull off some deeper trick that he set up with that call, I'm still looking forward to it. In general his plans are pretty great, but the series has been full of him doing nonsensical little things. For some of them, you can argue it's because his pride even dwarfs his intelligence, but you can only rely on that excuse so much.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:58 am

Pretty sure that was all intentional so as try to keep the heat off of Skylar.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 am

How so, they knew nothing before.  Now they know that she was in on just about everything that he did.  So, it didn't help her either, and may have made it even worse. Keeping the cops around her would have made sense if he had a reason to fear that the guys that killed Hank might go after her, but they have no reason to do that.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 am

There was bound to be investigation though. With Hank and Gomez dead, Marie and Skylar are the only ones left that know anything about it. You damn well know that Marie is going to do what she can to expose them. And fearing for the Nazi's going after them is perfectly reasonable. Though Walt doesn't know that Jesse is still alive, he has to assume they're going to get information out of him like Todd suggested anyways. They'll want to clean up loose ends.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 am

Okay I'm gonna clear this up for you guys. The call was 100% intended to get the heat off of Skylar. As it stood, she was basically an accomplice and it seemed to the kids that she was just as bad as Walt. Through Walt's call to her (which was tough for him to do, notice how he was crying) he managed to come off as the bad guy in order to save Skylar. He took the blame for basically everything claiming she was "never supportive." His evil attitude was intended to make the cops less interested in Skylar and to get his kids to think that Skylar did none of this out of free will.

Every critic and member of the show has backed up the fact that the call was meant to get the heat off Skylar. Just go online and look it up if you have doubts.

Edit: And yeah Vegeta is right. Walter Jr. and Marie now knew. Plus Hank was never coming back. Everything was over. Walt was exposed.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:56 pm

But "never supportive" is still an accomplice to, it may help her appear less guilty than she actually was. But not by much, and without hank anymore, the cops had nothing at all to pin to her.

So, thinking about it some more, it had nothing to do with the cops. It would have legally put her in more trouble in the end, but I'm sure the show with ignore that. If Walt did it for anything it was so that she would have some chance to repair her relationship with her son and especially her sister.

I'll buy that for now.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:14 pm

He made it seem like he forced her and threatened her to help him out with the business.  THAT's how it gets her off the hook.  Not the "never supportive" part.  It was the things like calling her a bitch and saying that "family is not out of the question" when it comes to killing.  He was pretending to threaten her to make it seem like he was abusive if she didn't go along with his schemes.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:02 pm

Electroretard wrote:
He made it seem like he forced her and threatened her to help him out with the business.  THAT's how it gets her off the hook.  Not the "never supportive" part.  It was the things like calling her a bitch and saying that "family is not out of the question" when it comes to killing.  He was pretending to threaten her to make it seem like he was abusive if she didn't go along with his schemes.
The discussion with Saul in Granite Slate pretty much lays this to rest.

Can't wait for next week.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:38 pm

It's over, bitch. Good ending. Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:35 am

I don't know. Walter should have just stayed in New Hampshire and turned into a lumberjack or something.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:08 am

They ended it just right.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 am

jeffnogo wrote:
I don't know.  Walter should have just stayed in New Hampshire and turned into a lumberjack or something.
lol.

Was a perfect ending imo.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Yep, pretty much a perfect ending. Tied up everything.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:44 pm

They managed to avoid pretty much every possible cliché, managed to have Walt be a badass, managed to tie every single thing up, whilst not fucking around with the overall arc or diminishing anything that had happened before.

Also, the fact that
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:59 pm

One Question Remains:

Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:59 pm

*spoilers*

Yeah, but Walt will still continue to be hated by everyone he cared about even after death.  He did everything he needed to do, but too many relationships were irreparable. A lot of people knew he was dying, but had totally stopped sympathizing.  Would have been nice to get some closure on Brock, but I guess he didn't matter that much.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:03 pm

On Talking Bad, the guy who plays Mike says that he thinks Jesse is going after Brock as soon as he leaves the Nazi compound. Right when he finishes saying that, you can see Vince Gilligan in the background nodding in agreement. That might be a *little* farfetched, because obviously someone is going to be taking care of Brock at this point, but it's still a nice thought.

Also, the scene with the Schwartz's and the "snipers" might be my favorite scene in the entire series. Walt was just so badass and made him seem to be like some larger than life super villain.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Okay, screw spoilers. Thinking about it some more, he had nothing left in his life and cancer was going to kill him soon anyways. However, if he had survived, he would have had one very good reason to at least survive for a little longer. Skyler turning him in and giving away his location would have been the perfect bargaining chip to get her off completely. He could have set it up with her the last time they met. Even with the locations of the bodies, I'm not sure that's enough to be certain she wouldn't be at least been ground up in the bureaucracy of it all.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Well I'm glad I had the ending of this series spoiled for me before I even got to watch it. Some jerkoffs were talking about it when I walked into class the other day. I knew there was a reason why I wear headphones everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:21 pm

I started watching the series anyway. Almost done season 4. Pretty good show. Skyler looks like a tranny though, what a terrible person to cast.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Just finished season 4. Mind = blown
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Coincidentally, the end of season 4 (Crawl Space I think) was when I made this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Today at 7:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next