The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:30 am

How many people didn't catch "Saul Goodman"? I got it pretty quickly, but it seems like some people I know didn't figure it out. Pretty funny and clever
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:03 am

Apparently I don't get it.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 am

The sole good man? I don't get it either.

Also, you guys are pretty much major ass holes when it comes to Skylar. Razz And I think that's what Vince Gilligan is trying to pull off.

Her actions are motivated by what she sees Walt doing. Essentially, alienating her, becoming a criminal, putting her and her children in danger etc. She doesn't cheat in order just "get back" at Walt, she does it because she's emotionally alienated by Walt and thus seeks a connection elsewhere and to "get back" at Walt.

I think just like Walt's increasingly immoral actions are consequences of the situations he's put in, so is her bitchiness. I mean, we can't just expect her to go: "oh, I didn't know you were manufacturing meth just to care for us. I guess that's okay then, no moral issues with taking money that are profits from keeping people in addiction, if all of that was just for our sake."

We get pissed off at Skylar because we have seen the shit Walt goes through, we see his intentions, but Skylar doesn't. All she gets is an increasingly bitter, distant husband who's involved in the drug trade and tries to rationalize it by saying that it was for the good of the family. If you cut away all the scene of Walter isn't with Skylar and just single out the scenes where they interact the picture isn't nearly as nuanced.

But anyway, this is why I love the show: it denies consensus.
/2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Doesn't matter how she sees things. She's still being a complete and utter bitch. I'm not saying Walt is being a good guy, he's done some pretty shitty stuff too. At least we can justify his actions by saying he's doing it to help his family. She isn't. She's doing it for personal and emotional reasons... not because it is the right thing to do. Neither of them are good people or in the right, but at least he's doing it for (what he sees as) a good cause.

Discounting knowing what Walter is really doing and going through, all you would see is a man that is secluding himself from his family and still doing what he can to hold that family together. And again, she is just being a bitch in reaction to his growing distance. There are much better ways to handle it than the ways she chose. (And obviously there are much better ways for Walt to have handled situations)

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:41 pm

The really sad part is that those two main characters are so shitty I find myself feeling more for Jesse. He seems to be the only person actually trying to better himself and get out of the situation. But then people just keep dragging him back into it.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Saul Good Man

'sall good man

it's all good man
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:19 pm

anyways...married for 16 years and they now have two kids yet skyler wants to take them away from him for no rational reason.

also what is up with the colors in this show? I'm assuming they are hinting at something? Jesse seems to wear a lot of yellow, Marie wears a lot of purple, Walt wears green, Skyler..blue or white? can't remember.. Some of these might be off as I'm just thinking off the top of my head
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
The really sad part is that those two main characters are so shitty I find myself feeling more for Jesse. He seems to be the only person actually trying to better himself and get out of the situation. But then people just keep dragging him back into it.

I'm split on him. You guys are probably further than I am, but Jesse's "clean" atm and is banging some latina meth head chick with a kid. He was going to this narcotics anonymous group just to find more addicts to deal to when he was already making millions off of this deal with Gus. He destroys Walt's windshield..why? The kid says "yo", "like", and "bitch" every other word.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Bitch is his favorite way to end a sentence. It's retarded, but I laugh.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Weeeelp, finished it just now. Season 4, I mean.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:00 pm

I figured I would bring this thread back.

I watched all 4 first seasons over the past couple weeks, haven't looked into season 5 yet. I really enjoyed it, but it also annoyed me somewhat frequently. Mainly the actions of Walt. Sure, sometimes he's a super genius, but he's very often someone that does stupid things because he's got an unreasonable amount of pride and/or is drunk, or just pure immaturity. Some of it you can attempt to explain by him being guy breaking down under the stress of his new life and dealing with cancer.

To be honest, I didn't think Skyler was that bad. Jessie is pretty cool, and the amount of shit he's gone through in the show makes Walt's life look easy. Of course, a lot of that shit is at least partly his own fault, but that's what his character is, somewhat of a fuckup so it's more believable and easier to get emotionally invested in. Also, Aaron Paul's just a great fucking actor in this.

I think I mentioned this before, but while I never really knew him, I knew of him and went to high school with Aaron Paul. He was a just one of those fairly popular guys that you would see around in the halls, but he always kept a sense of being a likable/really nice guy. Hell, most "popular" kids in high school can't keep that side of them and get stuck up, but from the interviews I've seen of Aaron Paul it seems like after all he's done he's still managed to keep that side of him.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 pm

This is my favorite thing about Aaron Paul:

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Hmm, after watching that it reminds about about how he would always randomly be jumped by a bunch of dudes and have the shit beat out of him like every day. It was a little out of hand. Oh, and I remember hearing about him projectile vomiting over the entire prom.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:29 am

I think one of the major points about Walters character and the sometimes stupid shit he does due to pride is
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Coincidentally the one day I have cable tv is the day that the Breaking Bad new season started.

First episode was pretty uneventful up until the end really. It ended on a "I would like to see what happens next" note rather than the "I need to see what happens next because you ended it on a cliffhanger" note which was nice.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 am

I thought the whole episode was great.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 am

This show will go down as the greatest of all time.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 pm

I should start watching this. It's on Netflix right?
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Insanely great handling of
Spoiler:

A lesser writing team would have botched that job.

Oh, and the scene where
Spoiler:

was fucking excruciating to watch. Aaron Paul knocked it out of the park there.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:10 pm

That
Spoiler:

scene... Holy fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm finally caught up with this show. Pretty cool episode tonight.

However, this show is really starting to get on my nerves a little bit, I'm kind of glad they're going to end it soon when I'm still enjoying it. My issues mainly are the ones that I mentioned at the top of the page, but also Jesse's character is just turning into an extremely well acted emotional wreck because half of the time they don't know what else to do with his character.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:55 am

I can't even process what I just watched tonight. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 am

Best show on TV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Today at 11:21 am

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next