The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Holy shit.

There are no words. Or well, there are, but they're all superlatives.

Jesus, I love this show.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Yes. Next week is the finale right?
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Halfway through season 3 on instant right now. I'm guessing season 4 is the last one?
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Just got through season 1.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:36 am

There are two more episodes this season, though the way things ended I would have guessed the next one was finale. Maybe it'll be a two-parter (though, in a sense, all of them are).

Season 5 has been greenlit with 16 episodes (as opposed to 13), and it will be the last season.

Gilligan claims he was shooting for 5 seasons from the start. And if that's true there's actually a chance that he'll succeed in making a flawless show. Thus far I haven't experienced a drop off in terms of quality. And 4 seasons in, that's pretty impressive.

Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:55 am

Another season after this? Damn, with how this was going I was expecting it to be the last.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Watched the first season in the last 24 hours. Keep hearing what a good show is and I saw like 20 minutes of an episode once.

It's an alright show to me. I think if I stopped watching now and never saw it again I'd be completely fine with it. But, it is something to do and it keeps me fairly entertained. I'm not really invested in the characters or the story, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Then you're a cold hearted man.

That said, the beauty of the show is that they actually manage to evolve every single relationship. I can't think of any character that doesn't have solid development. If anyone it's probably his son, but all the main characters go places.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 pm

I got a few episodes into season 3... was getting pretty tired of watching it. I don't know if I'll go back and finish it.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
dcbesc

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Loxx maybe it just isn't for you. I can only suggest one thing. To do the show justice it needs to be watched in order start to finish. Season 4 might be my favorite season thus far. Yes the last episode was one of many moments I've had where I just have to lol at how ridiculously good this show is.

EDIT: and yes it is extremely character driven - I've been disappointed in a few episodes because of this but it gives subsequent episodes that much more impact so...
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I might finish it. I mean, it's not like I have that much left of it (that is released so far). But yeah, it's definitely not for me. I see all kinds of hype around this show and I don't get it. The hype isn't what kills it for me, honestly. I didn't go in expecting it to be a masterpiece or anything. But it does make me wonder what other people see in it.

To me, Dexter is the best show on television right now. It would have been nice to have another show that I hold in as high regard as that one. I dunno... watching Dexter I can't wait for the next episode. I feel emotions for the characters and I'm just so into it while I'm watching. Everything else has to come to a stop. Breaking Bad isn't actually bad to me or anything... but when I watch that's all I'm doing. I'm just watching a show.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
dcbesc

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:13 pm

I would finish season 3 and if you have even the slightest interest left in the show check out season 4. At least watch the Season 4 premier and if you're still not feeling it I'd just stop watching. To me it's not hype at all - it's an extremely well written and produced show. I understand the feeling though and I believe it just comes down to personal taste. There are many shows/movies that critics rave about but they just don't resonate with me. Dexter is one of my favorite shows of all time btw.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:26 am

Yeah, every show is not for everyone. It might be that simple. However, since you bring up Dexter...

I love Dexter. Before I watched Breaking Bad I'd say it was probably my favourite shows on TV. However, the quality of Dexter's writing has been fluctuating wildly over the years. When Dexter's at its best, it's hard to match it. But it lacks consistency. For every two great Trinity-episdoes, there's one episode that follows the formula of "Dexter is about to get caught, but he doesn't.", and his emotional journey can be somewhat inconsistent as well. Some life-shattering moments he recovers from very quickly, sometimes he talks about being emotionally cold but in the next he's caring. Seen in the perspective of the series as a whole, his development is consistent, but from episode to episode it can be jarring. This was especially evident in season 5, imo. Also, season 5 suffered from an utterly uninteresting villain compared to the others seasons.

That said, Breaking Bad is yet to enter its fifth season, so it's unfair to compare them like that. I just feel that Breaking Bad has told a much more believable and measured story in terms of character development. But that doesn't really mean much if you aren't invested in the characters, though :p
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 am

not reading anything you guys have said so far

I just started watching the show and am on the beginning of season 2. The DEA agent was talking with his wife but I didn't understand wtf was going on. Something about sessions? I feel like I missed something
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 am

Alright, just finished episode 7 of season 3. These last few episodes have really been picking up and getting my interest. Now I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what's coming. Although I've seen some spoilers for season 4 so I kind of know how some things will end. Oh well. Downloading episode 8 right now.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:00 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
not reading anything you guys have said so far

I just started watching the show and am on the beginning of season 2. The DEA agent was talking with his wife but I didn't understand wtf was going on. Something about sessions? I feel like I missed something

They have some history that is more inferred rather than actually explained.
Spoiler:

I just saw the final episode of season four, and holy shit they did not disappoint. Fucking brilliant. I have yet to watch any show that actually surprises me as much as this one does. It's full of twists and turns, but the twists actually make sense. Kudos to Vince Gilligan.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah the ending was quite awesome. Season 5 should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:17 pm

I got to the episode with the fly... got bored out of my mind. I've kind of stopped watching again lol.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 am

It kind of goes through that. It'll slow down quite a bit but then will pick back up and be awesome as fuck. Its worth watching through all the way, trust me.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:00 am

Skyler White is a complete and total cunt

I've hated her the whole time but season 3 ep 3....all my hate
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 am

It's interesting to see how Dexter and Breaking Bad both have the blonde wife whom everyone hates.

I actually think she's somewhat understandable. Walt is a complete ass to her, of course she's going to be a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:36 pm

It's unreasonable. He goes off for hours at a time and doesn't tell her what he's doing... sure, okay that's bad. But does that give her the right to be a cunt? Then she finds out he has two cell phones and he doesn't tell her what the other is for. Yes, that's suspicious and bad... but should you just fucking leave your husband over it? Then you assume he's a drug dealer so you try to make it where he can't see his children at all (which they're pretty much the reason why he got into the drug making... it's her damn fault because she was pushing for him to have the treatments and he needed the money to pay for it). Then to top it off, you go and fuck your boss seemingly out of spite? Fuck off. Walt's decisions and actions may be deplorable, but he's doing it for a good reason in his mind. She is just a total and utter bitch. She doesn't do the things she does for the better of the family, she's doing it to hurt him. The only thing she did that was good was try to get the kids away from a dangerous situation and keep it from them. But then she goes and negates what good that was by completely rejecting the money he offered and making the whole thing pointless. I know she eventually comes around and takes the money, but at the point when that happened it really fucks up the good that she was trying to do in that one situation.

Also, I never really had a problem with Dexter's wife. Not from what I recall anyway. I've only seen each season once so I could be forgetting things.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Rita was hot as fuck. She was a dumb bitch though.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:54 pm

I was okay with Rita minus the part where she had a fucktard of a previous husband. Skyler is a typical dumb cunt. She cheats on her husband to have a secret to piss him off with even though Walt's secret involved helping the family and was kept secret to protect them/keep them together whereas Skyler did it to break them apart as she is a selfish cunt. She takes advice from her lawyer who continues to call him a drug "dealer" when all he does is manufacture the meth. She continues to talk about Walt like she knows him when she doesn't..of course Skyler listens to her every word and takes it as fact. Hurr I'm gonna smoke this cigarette while pregnant cuz my life is so hard having secrets kept from me. Hurr I'm gonna smoke right next to the new baby cuz my life is so hard trying to kick my own husband out of the house he definitely paid the majority for. Fuck this bitch

Plus when Rita "cheated" it was the other guy coming onto her and it was just a kiss which she regretted immediately.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Yeah I didn't think Rita was all that bad in Dexter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.   Today at 9:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad this week was fucking epic.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next