The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Apparently, the North America customers got the wrong version of the game that was intended for the developers and programmers.

I was no-clipping all over the island, but I didn't have really have any game crashing problems--one tiny problem though--while playing the game and neither did my friends. The game would freeze for a second then my monitor would go black and then it would come back to the game. It was a little annoying, but it only happened two or three times.

A patch was just released today to fix some stuff and now the game stutters. My friend's game crashes pretty often--which he's read is becoming more common since this patch was released.

Hopefully, this will all be fixed soon and we can get back to the game. From the 3-4 hours of it I played, I'm really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:44 pm

game announced 5 years ago
clearly was rushed out still and has ridiculously stupid bugs
third person (which wasn't intended to be left in game) shows there was no work put into the animations
gametrailers gives it an 8.5 even though they say it's story is shit and the gameplay gets stale after a short amount of time due to extreme amount of repetition (i don't care about reviews, but that rating is clearly off)

i dont get it. how can you release a game after this long with this many problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny_sAqDPhi8

edit: lol just checked metacritic and user reviews are shitting allllll over this game on all the versions.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Well Metacritic is full of a bunch of doodoo headed idiots. The game is fucking amazing on the 360 and I bet probably better on the CPU once the proper edition comes out. It's not that repititious and the story only sucks in the way that ME2's story sucked, it's all about the sidequests you do and the experiences with them.

I haven't had a co-op experience that fun in nearly ever.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 pm

search through bag for 5 dollars
search through bag for 2 dollars
character makes a stupid remark about finding something
search through bag for wallet containing 8 dollars
search through bag for a ____

seems like all the boring shit of an rpg lumped in with an action game
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Are there zombie merchants? What the fuck do you need money for?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
game announced 5 years ago
clearly was rushed out still and has ridiculously stupid bugs
third person (which wasn't intended to be left in game) shows there was no work put into the animations
gametrailers gives it an 8.5 even though they say it's story is shit and the gameplay gets stale after a short amount of time due to extreme amount of repetition (i don't care about reviews, but that rating is clearly off)

i dont get it. how can you release a game after this long with this many problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny_sAqDPhi8

edit: lol just checked metacritic and user reviews are shitting allllll over this game on all the versions.

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
search through bag for 5 dollars
search through bag for 2 dollars
character makes a stupid remark about finding something
search through bag for wallet containing 8 dollars
search through bag for a ____

seems like all the boring shit of an rpg lumped in with an action game

Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 pm

You can buy weapons and supplies from merchants.

You don't HAVE to scavenge that much.

There are a lot of problems with the game. I'm thinking a good part of it is the netcode or maybe it's steam.

When steam went offline, I was playing and I didn't have any problems while I was it was offline. No stuttering and no crashing. My friends are playing LAN with Hibachi right now and said they aren't having troubles.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:17 am

I'm doing it on the 360 and it's been a fucking blast. The Hotel, going through it with my friend (who still is learning how to use Logan) got intense. We need a 3rd wheel though to play the Chinese chick so I can start spec-ing my aggro-meter.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:03 am

That's pretty funny about the PC version. I'm thinking about getting the 360 version, but by the time I'll feel like playing it it will probably drop in price, so I'm fine waiting.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am

~15 hours in. Playing the asian chick and it says I'm about 51% done with the main quest. Been doing all the side quests I find and I'm level 28, maybe 29. I think I'm gettin close to act III.

Even though this is seems like a heavy co-op game, all I've wanted to do is play by myself. Sounds weird as hell for me considering the main reason I bought it was to play with my friends.

Ever since I put the game in LAN mode, I haven't had one single problem with the game.

Also, you need money to repair, mod weapons and create them.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:22 am

Just beat the game last night. Did all the sidequests I could find. I really enjoyed it. Probably gonna play through it again real soon.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:09 pm

I'll probably get it at the next steam sale. Tongue
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:52 pm

My friend and I both just got to Act II yesterday, the slow overall time for us is trying to get time to play at the same time despite being co-workers at the same position. He's playing as Logan and still learning how to use the guy but Sam B is a fucking blast to play with. His tackle ability alone makes ever encounter worth it.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:25 pm

I hear that, possy. I probably wouldn't have beat it already if I didn't play most of the game by myself. I went with Xian and she was pretty good for solo.

I'm gonna start a game with Sam B. Dude's a beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.   Today at 4:48 am

Back to top Go down

Dead Island for PC released wrong version for North America.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1