The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm

I've had this thing for like a year... but I wasn't sure whether they wanted it leaked or not. Finally, I asked Stevie and she said she was fine with it. So, my friends, this hurr is Dark Castle's very first demo that there are no more copies of. I've never even seen it available for download on blogs, so it's available to you bitches first. It's pretty low quality and only contains three tracks:

Crystal Seas
Sands Hold The Time
Guardian of the Fire

The first two tracks were rerecorded and released on Flight of Pegasus. Guardian of the Fire has been rerecorded and modified so that it lasts about 20 minutes long. It is supposed to be a vinyl single and they've been waiting for it to get released for a long time now. So right now, this is the only version available. It's also worth noting that Guardian of the Fire is the only recorded track to feature both Stevie and Rob guitar with programmed drums. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f6iu5eki0f1kc8v

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:23 pm

I'll download it, BUT I WON'T LIKE IT

(I've never even listened to this band.)
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:24 pm

It's really slow and heavy music. Aside from Guardian of the Fire.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Cool. I just got into them this year (I know for shame. Tongue ) with their new album. Downloaded this.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Yeah, bro, srs. I've been talking about them for so long and you just heard them this year? I am disappoint. I hope you've got Spirited Migration and Flight of Pegasus as well.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:45 pm

I would have boughten Spirited Migration but I think it's OOP.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 pm

They had copies of it on this tour, so I don't think so. Do you want a download for that? Or Flight of Pegasus?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Hmm maybe I didn't get it because it was like 15 bucks on Amazon. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Spirited Migration is their best, honestly. Surrender To All Life Beyond Form is good... but there is just something special about Spirited. And anyway, if there are people that don't want to download and just want to hear the unreleased song, here it is.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:55 pm

I know I'm a terrible person for it, but this band needs a bass player asap. Like Pigdestroyer is a band I can begrudgingly get over the lack of bass guitar, but this band feels like good music with a missing line playing in there.

I'll check these out later when I get home from school.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 am

That song you posted was my favorite off the demo I think. They were all good though.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:36 am

I think Dark Castle does pretty well without a bassist
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:30 am

I think they were fine live without a bassist.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:42 am

possy's a bass freak, though. GOTTA HAB DA BASS

He should listen to Shrüm and Cop Shoot Cop. Those bands don't have 'lektrik geetarz but two basses.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:55 am

I doubt I'd think that them adding a bassist would go over poorly or anything, but they would have to change their name, because that wouldn't be Dark Castle
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:22 am

Well, Rob did play bass on Surrender To All Life Beyond Form. But he's pretty much just doubling the guitars.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:31 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
possy's a bass freak, though. GOTTA HAB DA BASS

He should listen to Shrüm and Cop Shoot Cop. Those bands don't have 'lektrik geetarz but two basses.
I does doe.

I don't feel that the music is poorly composed, just that it is missing a part that I feel would otherwise compliment and tighten the music. I don't think adding a bassist changes exactly who they are unless the purpose of the band is to just be the two of them together, but I wont fault them for the lack of bassist, that's their decision. Still makes it hard for me to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:48 am

Well Dark Castle was created due to their musical taste they shared. They even started the band as a couple. From what I've read/heard, Dark Castle has always been something that they didn't have to make agreements on. Everything just fit naturally and neither one raised complaints. So yeah, in a sense, Dark Castle is just the two of them because of how well they mesh together musically. They're both in other bands where they experiment and do other things, but in Dark Castle it's the two of them just naturally creating something.

Or you could think all this is bogus. I don't know. I just know what I've been told and what I've read in interviews. But they did have Sanford Parker contributing a lot to Surrender To All Life Beyond Form and it seems pretty evident they're not against evolving. In a way, Dark Castle is just the two of them... but I wouldn't be surprised if the band expanded at some point.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 pm

lol they used to be a couple? That's gotta be weird touring with Yob then.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:44 pm

I don't know. Apparently they had a decent split. I remember a year ago Rob mentioning his girlfriend and I didn't even know they had split. And he was talking to me about how great it was to be playing with Yob and how psyched he was about everything.

They're hippies. Tongue

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 pm

I guess it's not that weird. I've had sex with my roommates current girlfriend, lol.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Glad to see them be able to not only coexist but flourish together after the split at least. I would sort of like to see them evolve, or at least add bass to studio and perhaps have a live fill-in.

Idk, I'm fine with bands having an unique identity and I can't blame these guys for what they do (because I can tell that it's generally music I would enjoy otherwise). It's just whenever I hear them, I literally feel like something is missing and it sort of bugs me, ya know.

Either way, I hope they continue to grow in terms of fans/popularity. I'm just a bias'd idiot. Want to know why? It's Because even if I would still think it's missing something, I would probably enjoy the music more if Stevie was playing a bass instead of guitar. As silly as that is and as much of an idiot that makes me sound, I'm sort of certain that in way it'd be true (at least the lower tone would add more physical vibration to it, which I really enjoy from Doom/Sludge groups).
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Did you miss where I said Rob plays bass on their new album? Tongue It's kind of funny you mention that last bit, though. I admit, their studio albums do lack a bit of a punch. You can tell the riffs and the music are heavy... but it just doesn't quite hit. Well, it does live. Don't know if you've ever seen them live, but Stevie plays through a bass cabinet that handles the low end and a guitar cabinet to take the highs. And good god. Live their music hits hard. I really prefer their live sound over their studio sound. It's a reason why I have no problem seeing them every single chance I get. I've seen them 5 times in the last 2 years.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm

Yeah, they're actually incredibly heavy live. I was really surprised considering the lack of bass.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:52 pm

I thought that was just a song, not an album. I'll check it out, though doubling the guitar parts sounds a tad disappointing.

I haven't seen them live yet (really hated how I couldn't get out of work to see the Yob/Dark Castle show) and I'd give them a chance anyway. They seem like really cool people and have energy in their shows, plus they'd probably be with other bands I'd like. That's actually nice to hear about using different amps for the different resonances, perhaps I should watch a live recording of their music rather than base what I hear on studio. Not like youtube helps out very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?   Today at 6:26 am

Back to top Go down

You guys like Dark Castle? You guys like rare, hard to find demos?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next