The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 pm

This is some really great stuff, and man is there a ton of it. At least a dozen releases as far as I can tell, and all but one of them available in full for free streaming HERE

All those threads that used to come around asking for recommendations similar to Have A Nice Life when they kinda sorta halfway blew up...this would have fit probably. The band treads various grounds, ranging from atmospheric electronic, goth-dance/pop, shoegaze, drone, even a little black metal...all areas HANL obviously at least also dabbles in. I actually think this shit might be better as individual albums (though the high points of it haven't matched the highest highs of HANL for me yet) because it feels more focused, individual album and less like some mismatched compilation album like how Deathconsciousness is.

I definitely haven't made my way through all 12 (or more?) albums yet, but I've listened to a few and liked them all so far. Up until now I like All Things Come And Go, But We Won't Break the best, which I think is supposed to be the newest. The distro Handmade Birds just put out a limited-to-100 copies boxset that gathers seven albums on four CDs for only twenty bucks. I'm definitely gettin that after I move.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm

The name actually sounds familiar to me. I'll have to check this out. And that boxset for $20? Sweet deal.

Edit: Oh yeah... I'm listening to the one you said was your favorite. I really dig this. It's actually how I was kind of hoping to have either Lance of Longinus or Noise Redemption Prophecy go. Although, I wouldn't be able to pull it off nearly this well. Def want to preorder this. My girlfriend had been asking what to get me for our anniversary. I told her this, ha.

Edit2: On the last song now. I really like it. I was actually watching something but paused it to check this out. And I've sat and listened to the whole damn thing. The one album that is.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile

Last edited by Loxx O))) on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:05 pm

It looks like Day After Day, Year After Year, When Will It End is their newest according to Handmade Birds.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:55 am

every album has been taken down from the bandcamp site and the 4CD box set is completely sold out.

FUCK
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 am

Whaaaat?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:45 am

they are back up
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Went through and downloaded them all the other night.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:11 pm

yeah they came back up a few weeks ago.

would be a lot cooler if I could have that damn box set, though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm surprised it sold out like it did. Didn't figure this would be that popular.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 am

Insert hipster joke here
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:34 am

"After selling out almost instantly, a few extra copies of this set have surfaced. If you missed it the first time around, now is your chance."

O RLY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth   Today at 2:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Something tells me that this band has been mentioned here before...Sun Devoured Earth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1