The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:29 am

They have a new album (well, it's a re-release of a compilation as it was "originally intended" to be) and already did two reunion shows, one in Seattle and one a week ago in S.F. that I obviously missed. I don't know who else was on the bill for either of those shows, but there is one last remaining show scheduled in October, and it's in Berkeley, the day after I see Portishead lol, which is also in Berkeley. This one features Dispirit and Atriarch as support, two bands I love, as well as three others I've never heard of.

I'm staying at a hotel the night of the Portishead show, and will have friends with me that I know will have ZERO interest in going to this. The extra shitty part about that? I'm pretty sure I'm expected to be the only driver (there are four of us total), and they'll obviously want to come back to Sacramento, but I'd just want to stay out in the Bay Area all weekend and see two awesome shows back to back. The only single person I know who would maybe like to go to the show is somebody who is in the Sacramento area and who likely won't go to the Portishead show (he's not in the group to go now, tickets are sold out and going for over $100 on StubHub, and he's a broke motherfucker) that doesn't have his own car or even a license and would obviously need to be picked up. So there's likely zero chance that I could stay out there like I would like, but a decent chance I could drop off my friends after Portishead, get my other friend to want to go, but then have to make the same 90-minute trip BACK to Berkeley in the same day. But this is fucking Noothgrush. One of my favorite crust bands ever. Who I thought was broken up forever. And this upcoming show is, as far as I know, supposed to be the NEW last show they do ever.

AWESOME NEWS BUT LAME CIRCUMSTANCES
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:11 am

That has to be the worst name for a band I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:13 am

I love it, and you should too.

You never heard of them? You might like them.

Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:21 pm

r u dum

they just played one of the best shows ever with All Pigs Must Die, Trap Them, Winter, and some other bands I can't think of right now. I couldn't go since it's 21+

but god dammit what were you thinking
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Am I dumb? What was I thinking? You mean the part where I said I didn't know the reunion/shows happened?

And if that's the line-up I missed in S.F., then I don't care much and would rather see the Berkeley date anyway. It's still just a matter of it likely being a big hassle to make happen.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

pretty good, but the name is still complete shit
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 pm

u most not have heard APMD then. drummer of converge, vocalist of the hope conspiracy. jizz.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:33 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
u most not have heard APMD then. drummer of converge, vocalist of the hope conspiracy. jizz.
heard the name All Pigs Must Die, just didn't know anything about them. Don't know Hope Conspiracy. Just looked them up, not any good, vocalist is the worst part lol.

All Pigs Must Die fare a bit better, but I still just don't care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?   Today at 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Holy fucking shit why didn't anybody tell me Noothgrush got back together?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1