Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 am

So Panopticon and Wheels Within Wheels decided to do another split, did I miss something and totally miss you or RZ say anything about it.

for the rest of you might as well post the link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WOQ43YKP
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:06 am

Pretty sure it was talked about on IGN a while back. Don't remember seeing a release date, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:10 am

yea i found it but he still didnt update us and he said that it was a new album not a split, unless that asshole knows more than he is telling us.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:13 am

I could have sworn a split was specifically mentioned as well. But yeah, no updates.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:13 am

I talked about it when it was first announced and then again when it became available for pre-order; not sure whether I was doing either on here or ign. Pagan Flames also did a limited re-release of their first split together with updated artwork on the same day. I got both of mine in the mail last Friday.

[edit]:

Ancient Rune wrote:
yea i found it but he still didnt update us and he said that it was a new album not a split, unless that asshole knows more than he is telling us.

You're maybe thinking about something either he or I said concerning hints coming from Flenser, not Pagan Flames. I think I got the memo in an order confirmation when I pre-ordered the new Bosse-de-Nage.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 am

I ordered both splits weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
I talked about it when it was first announced and then again when it became available for pre-order; not sure whether I was doing either on here or ign. Pagan Flames also did a limited re-release of their first split together with updated artwork on the same day. I got both of mine in the mail last Friday.

[edit]:

Ancient Rune wrote:

You're maybe thinking about something either he or I said concerning hints coming from Flenser, not Pagan Flames. I think I got the memo in an order confirmation when I pre-ordered the new Bosse-de-Nage.

you got some hints from facebook but it was shrike who actually mentioned the split http://boards.ign.com/metal/b5115/201229137/p2

Did you get them yet shrike.

And damn I feel so out of the loop
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 am

Yeah this has been announced for a while.

There are also two new albums coming out this year, and they both kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:34 pm

I've yet to receive mine from Pagan Flames, but their international orders always take a bit longer. I'm guessing I'll receive them in a a few weeks. I've listened the first split (at least Panopticon's half) to death already, so it was a nice bonus that they re-released it.

Still waiting for my OTSOM vinyl too.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:
roughdraft_zero wrote:

[edit]:

Ancient Rune wrote:

you got some hints from facebook but it was shrike who actually mentioned the split http://boards.ign.com/metal/b5115/201229137/p2

Did you get them yet shrike.

And damn I feel so out of the loop

In that last thing I said I was actually talking about the upcoming full-length, cuz I thought that was more of what you were trying to get to the bottom of.

And yes, ah, I remember that thread now. I felt way more out of the loop. God damn FaceBook jockeys lol.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:47 pm

So now I've got it. Listened to Panopticon's half once. Good stuff, but it kinda wasn't what I was expecting. Clean choir-type vocals were a bit of surprise. I'd say it's less overtly melodic than OTSOM or Seidr's debut. The melodies are definitely there, but hidden in the fuzz a lot. He seems to move consistently towards more and more layering, texturing.

It's also not as aggressive as the earlier stuff.

I dunno. Thus far it hasn't "moved me" the same way the first split, and the LPs have. But I'm definitely liking it.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:22 pm

I take back pretty much all of that. I think it's got to do with the fact that I listened to it on my bike and didn't get the full picture. It's melodic as fuck, and there's definitely lots of aggression on it. I think one thing that might have led me to perceive it as being a less aggressive record was that the vocals seem to be lower in the mix than previous recordings.

The drums on the second track really shine towards the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raIeLo6oXds&feature=player_detailpage#t=362s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this   Today at 2:07 am

Back to top Go down

Kerr you asshole I know you knew about this
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1