The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:10 pm

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2011/08/09/139148014/wolves-in-the-throne-room-a-room-filling-processional

Way to go NPR.

Jessica's back, which I love. She was sorely missed on the last album for me. Overall the track is really nice, imo. Of course it's a kind of breather-piece. Similar to Dia Artio. Though I think this track manages to occupy a much eerier space than the earlier "interludes". This could probably be brought down to just the guitar-production, which I think is pretty much perfect.

It's going to be really interesting seeing how the full album turns out. As this doesn't really give any sense what the rest will sound like.

Definitely think that it sounds great production wise, but then again, WittR always do.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:43 pm

It's their best album.

The album as a whole is more experimental. There is a lot of synth and electronic stuff going on.

Also, the first half of the third track sounds EXACTLY like Emperor. I'm not exaggerating, it could have easily come off of In The Nightside Eclipse and no one would have thought it out of place.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Also, the first half of the third track sounds EXACTLY like Emperor. I'm not exaggerating, it could have easily come off of In The Nightside Eclipse and no one would have thought it out of place.
well they are known to rip off other bands sounds.

Song fucking sucked too.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:38 pm

Electroretard wrote:
The album as a whole is more experimental. There is a lot of synth and electronic stuff going on.

ehh, really? Not sure about this one now. Anticipating goodness but not being "their best album."
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:05 pm

It's not overbearing or anything. They aren't a symphonic metal band now; it still sounds like WITTR. Just different.

And WITTR doesn't rip off people any more than every black metal band. People give them shit for it because they're famous.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Obviously I haven't heard that Emperor-esque track, so I can't comment on that. But I still think that the people that say they are a complete ripoff of Weakling need to get their ears checked or to get a massive hipster-hater reduction.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Too lazy to quote both of you but since they are popular like ER said wouldnt that make hating them the hipster way rather than hipster hate as RZ put it.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Seriously. Aside from like 2 riffs, WITTR are completely different from Weakling.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Seriously though the song posted sucks. Im sure the rest of it is better.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:01 am

Ancient Rune wrote:
Too lazy to quote both of you but since they are popular like ER said wouldnt that make hating them the hipster way rather than hipster hate as RZ put it.
I really can't tell what you're saying here.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:21 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Ancient Rune wrote:
I really can't tell what you're saying here.
im saying hipsters should hate WITTR because of them being so popular.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:25 am

That started happening when Black Cascade came out, didn't you notice?
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:30 am

Lol you do know I troll in almost every post, ive done it since Black Cascade came out too.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 am

done what? just troll in general, or troll the album, or the band, or the fans?

you drunk bro?
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 am

General but more specifically you and kerr, not drunk just at work.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Finally listened. This is a very odd choice of the first song to release... how is that supposed to represent or get you excited for the rest of it? You can tell it's more of a transition/break kind of thing.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
Finally listened. This is a very odd choice of the first song to release... how is that supposed to represent or get you excited for the rest of it? You can tell it's more of a transition/break kind of thing.

That's basically why I didn't have anything to say in this thread. Will be looking forward to the full album.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:56 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GVQX18

30 second samples are up now.

Just to let you guys know though, this tracklist is completely fucked up. The first track here is actually the last track of the album, and every other song is shifted back one. So track 2 is actually track 1, 3 is 2, etc...
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm

lol 30 second samples for Wolves in the Throne Room.

It also says Woodland Cathedral is only 1:30.

So yeah... I guess I feel the same way about these amazon samples as I did about the first song. 30 seconds really isn't enough to get excited over. Well, with these particular clips at least. However, that little snippet of Prayer of Transformation was pretty bad ass. Don't mean to be down on Wolves or anything, I'm still psyched for it.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Yeah, like I said, this tracklisting is completely fucked.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:38 pm

rainbow illness sounds pretty good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral    Today at 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Wolves in the Throne Room first track off of Celestial Lineage - Woodland Cathedral
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1