Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Albums I'd totally missed this year.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Albums I'd totally missed this year.   Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:14 pm

So I saw that Explosions in the Sky had released an album a few months ago. They were a big gateway into post-rock for me a few years back and I listened the hell out of most of their albums, and I was eagerly awaiting the new one. Now I see that it came out and didn't even register on my radar. After one listen I'm not that impressed though. Impeccable musicianship, but it's not impressing me.

And, right now, I'm on Spotify and I felt like listening to The Streets - Everything is Borrowed. The Streets and Swedish rapper Timbuktu have for years been my rap-alibis. And lo and behold, they put out their final album in fucking February. Just started listening, and I'm not sure what to make of it right now. Definitely a different beast than the earlier albums. Taking more and more cues from electronica, I guess.

Goddamn black metal obsession must have blinded me.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Albums I'd totally missed this year.   Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:31 pm

I just saw that An Autumn for Crippled Children has a new album coming out, too bad they went the Fen route with cheesey keyboards
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Albums I'd totally missed this year.   Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Explosions in the Sky kind of suffered the same fate as Pelican did with me...finding their most recent output to be very boring, and not only that, revisiting old albums that I used to hold in very high regard are just very mundane and vanilla as well.

Grails is probably my favorite post-whatever band. Their 2011 album Deep Politics isn't my favorite from them, but it's damn good. They're doing a San Francisco show next Saturday, I'm so fucking there. It's the day after a Chelsea Wolfe headlining show I probably can't make it to, so this would make up for that nicely.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Albums I'd totally missed this year.   Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:38 am

Autumn for Crippled Children lol, that's worse than Noothgrush
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Albums I'd totally missed this year.   Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:55 am

Deys music ain't bad. You probably wouldn't dig it, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Albums I'd totally missed this year.   Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Explosions in the Sky kind of suffered the same fate as Pelican did with me...finding their most recent output to be very boring, and not only that, revisiting old albums that I used to hold in very high regard are just very mundane and vanilla as well.

Grails is probably my favorite post-whatever band. Their 2011 album Deep Politics isn't my favorite from them, but it's damn good. They're doing a San Francisco show next Saturday, I'm so fucking there. It's the day after a Chelsea Wolfe headlining show I probably can't make it to, so this would make up for that nicely.

I may be going to that grails show. Pretty affordable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums I'd totally missed this year.   Today at 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Albums I'd totally missed this year.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1