The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ancient Rune

Title: Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:03 pm

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=14284

Harsh vocals confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title: post-post

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Doesn't surprise me about the vocals. 2 of 5 non instrumental songs on the last one had screams.

I'm excited for this though. The "Summer's Glory" track they've been playing live sounds like previous Alcest stuff seen through 90s alt rock tinted glasses.

"It will contain harsh vocals but will surely be the last one having these kind of vocals parallel to the clean ones."

I don't really get this. Maybe it came from a translation error? Is he saying that he won't do screams anymore, or that songs will be only screamed or only sung?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title: Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:22 am

Has the cover art leaked yet?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:56 am

Electroretard wrote:
Doesn't surprise me about the vocals. 2 of 5 non instrumental songs on the last one had screams.

I'm excited for this though. The "Summer's Glory" track they've been playing live sounds like previous Alcest stuff seen through 90s alt rock tinted glasses.

"It will contain harsh vocals but will surely be the last one having these kind of vocals parallel to the clean ones."

I don't really get this. Maybe it came from a translation error? Is he saying that he won't do screams anymore, or that songs will be only screamed or only sung?

Yeah, weird, not sure. Maybe each successive album (assuming there will be more after this one) will only be harsh or only wussy little french girl, therefore the different styles won't parallel each other on the same album...? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title: Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:33 am

I think this will be the last album with harsh vocals is what he means
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:35 pm

He's said before that what he's trying to accomplish with Alcest (his weird shamanic religious experience kinda thing) has explored all the "metal"-ways of reaching that feeling. Hence, from now on, he'll be trying different routes to relive his childhood psychedelia.

ie. all clean on Alcest number four (again).

I'm thinking he'll still do harsh stuff in Lantlos and his other projects, though.

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Well that's a given. The new Lantlos is mostly harsh vocals.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Was that your way of inadvertently saying that you've already heard AGAPE? You cockjuggling cumguzzler, you?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:40 pm

lol cockjuggling etcetera. I thought you guys didn't have insults over there?

why the fuck is Lantlos taking forever again to put the third one out by the way? When neon was having release issues there was reassurance that it wouldn't take so long for the next one because it had already been recorded, it may even release the same year, and other positively encouraging talk. Now where we're at is it's gonna be a year late or more too.

Probably anticipating new Lantlos more than Alcest, by the way.

strike that: no probably. Definitely.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:08 pm

I dont know dude. It's been done for fucking ever. I guess he wants to wait so it doesnt come so soon after the last one?

And I've heard two songs, not the whole album. Only one of them has any cleans, but you can barely hear them. It's more background stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:45 am

IIRC, the recordings were done ages ago, in summer. But the mixing wasn't finished until late November. Maybe they wanted to hit a fall release-date and wanted to wait for 2011?

Or....

"Hey, Neige, they love our new album, wanna go touring for the next one?"
"Le sure!"
"Great, let's do it in the summer, hit die festivals around Europe and be awesome!"
"Alors… I've gotta tour with Alcest first, and then again, and then some more. Also, I've got to write the new album and hang out with Drukh. How about the second week de september? Oh, wait, non. I've got un appointment des dentists!"
"Fuck it, I'll just do der vocals myself."

Or something like that?

Oh, well. It can't be long now. Album art is done, album's been mixed, it'll be out in 2011 at least.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title: sux

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Is that really how French people speak English?

Would confuse the fuck out of me.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 pm

My friend tried to talk to Neige after an Alcest show and his English was so bad that he just replied with "Yeah!" to everything.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 pm

"So, how do you like the US man?"

"Yeah!"
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:24 pm

more like
"Neige will you marry me?"

"Yeah!"
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:28 pm

much more like
"Neige will you do vocals for my band?"

"Yeah!"
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:28 pm

You niggas crack me up.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com Online
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:38 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
much more like
"Neige will you do vocals for my band?"

"Yeah!"

oh god this
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:35 pm

verbal contract.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)   Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Be careful what you wish for, he might end up just doing tantric shaman-sex-noises like on Solar Song.
Back to top Go down

Next Alcest album revealed, Les Voyages De L'âme (The soul's journey)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1