View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Silent Hill   Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:07 pm

Always had an interest in the Silent Hill series since I was much younger when one of the games (either 1 or 2) made it to the front cover of some playstation magazine I was subscribed to. Many years later I finally play one (Shattered Memories) and really enjoyed it. Probably got one of the shittiest endings possible but I'll replay it for the other ones eventually and start collecting the other Silent Hills. Will give Silent Hill HD Collection a purchase for sure when it comes out, probably pick up Silent Hill Origins and then buy the original on the playstation store. Anyone ever been big on the series? The psychological aspect is pretty impressive..and the atmosphere just can't get much better.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Ab and CnC both like it. I was going to play the first 2 a couple years ago but couldn't find them for sale anywhere in town so decided not to.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 pm

if you have a ps3 or psp you can just download the first one from the PSN. I've seen Silent Hill 2 going for about 15-20 in stores and that's a bit too much considering it's not rare and it's a pretty old game..that's why I'm waiting for the HD port
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:03 pm

I liked 2 a lot and watched a friend play SH4, but I never really delved any deeper. Seems like a good series though.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't have a PS3
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:11 pm

I love the Silent Hill games. The first four are easily the best, but the rest are real good also.

I'm not sure what to think of Silent Hill HD Collection. I love it when games get HD enhancements, but I'm really upset by the voices being re-recorded. I heard that's the case with the second game, and I assume the third one's being re-voiced as well. This pisses me off because the second game has such good voice acting that's crucial to the atmosphere, plot, and emotions. I don't think I'll enjoy it without the original acting.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:05 pm

I played the hell out of the first one back in the day, and the 2nd one when it came out. Bought the 3rd but never got around to playing it
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:32 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
I love the Silent Hill games. The first four are easily the best, but the rest are real good also.

I'm not sure what to think of Silent Hill HD Collection. I love it when games get HD enhancements, but I'm really upset by the voices being re-recorded. I heard that's the case with the second game, and I assume the third one's being re-voiced as well. This pisses me off because the second game has such good voice acting that's crucial to the atmosphere, plot, and emotions. I don't think I'll enjoy it without the original acting.

I didn't hear anything about the voices being redone, but I haven't heard much about it other than the higher resolution. I'll look into it

edit: wow what the hell.. I could always admit that part of the game gave it an even creepier vibe
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:39 am

I really hope I can get a hold of all of them soon enough. I loved the first one. I should still have my playstation copy of it around here. They were one of those games that I loved when I was younger but I never sat down to beat it.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 pm

I rented the first but never beat it. Own the second but never beat it. Own the 3rd but never played it, just listened to the soundtrack. Haven't played the rest.

I like them but they don't hold my interest.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 am

I feel like doing a marathon now. Those first four games are seriously great. I wish Team Silent would get back together and make another. Then again, with Yamaoka gone, it won't be nearly as good.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 am

And, I'm making that marathon a reality because these games are so great. Almost finished with the first one DAMMIT WHY DID I KILL CYBIL HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO DO SUCH-AND-SUCH EARLIER IN THE GAME I KEPT WONDERING WHAT THAT WAS FOR CRAP I FEEL LIKE A BIG STUPID JERK ;_;
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:37 am

These games rock so much dick. For seriously. They borrow a bit from Jacob's Ladder, Twin Peaks, and other Lynch flicks. They just rock so much. Seriously rubbin' one off to the first game right now. Wanting to watch aforementioned flicks.

Dilemma: With the first game out of the way, which do I play next—2 or 3? Kinda thinking I might like to go directly to the latter to get the continuing story, but 2 is the best of the bunch and I kinda wanna play the games in order just to relive how they advanced technologically with each game and how Yamaoka's styles changed. Aaaargh!

The carousel in the first (and third) game reminds me of this old Ministry video:

Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:58 pm

I'd probably go straight to 3 if I were you
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 am

Fuck that, I went to 2. I'll be up to 3 in a day.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 am

Fuck yeah Ab, fuck yeah.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:18 am

CINCY

WHICH DO YOU CONSIDER TO BE THE DEFINITIVE SILENT HILL 2 ENDING

If indeed you think one works best.

Me, I'm torn between "In water" and "Leave", leaning a little more toward the former.

I like the end credits song for "Rebirth" though, woo. Very upbeat. And it's totally got that whack-ass backward voice thing going on like in Twin Peaks. Shit, this game's a total love note to the show and its creators. WHY THE HELL IS THIS SONG NOT ON A SOUNDTRACK CD THOUGH Same with the end game results screen music for the first game, DAMMIT
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:51 am

Also, am I crazy, or did I once read something in SH2 about Pyramid Head's appearance and duty being akin to a Civil War executioner in that Silent Hill prison? (The guards or executioners wore pointed hats.) Pretty sure I read something like that during my first playthrough many eons ago, but this last time I saw nothing of the sort. WTF yo? Did I imagine, have it suggested to me by someone/where else, or is it really in the game?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 am

So I guess the guy who voiced James in SH2 is really pissed because he was never paid any royalties or whatever for the re-releases of the game: the Xbox, PC, and Restless Dreams/Greatest Hits PS2 release. Now Konami are trying to avoid it by re-recording the voices for the game. But the thing is, the dude did motion capturing for James as well, and James' face was modeled after the voice actor's. So, it all sounds pretty damn bogus.

Fuck this HD re-release.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
CINCY

WHICH DO YOU CONSIDER TO BE THE DEFINITIVE SILENT HILL 2 ENDING

If indeed you think one works best.

Me, I'm torn between "In water" and "Leave", leaning a little more toward the former.

I like the end credits song for "Rebirth" though, woo. Very upbeat. And it's totally got that whack-ass backward voice thing going on like in Twin Peaks. Shit, this game's a total love note to the show and its creators. WHY THE HELL IS THIS SONG NOT ON A SOUNDTRACK CD THOUGH Same with the end game results screen music for the first game, DAMMIT

In Water, without a doubt, though the Maria ending strikes me as potentially worthwhile too.

Abnormal Freak wrote:

Also, am I crazy, or did I once read something in SH2 about Pyramid Head's appearance and duty being akin to a Civil War executioner in that Silent Hill prison? (The guards or executioners wore pointed hats.) Pretty sure I read something like that during my first playthrough many eons ago, but this last time I saw nothing of the sort. WTF yo? Did I imagine, have it suggested to me by someone/where else, or is it really in the game?

I don't remember that -- the only part I think Pyramid head is mentioned is when you're in the sewers and you're running around the maze with all of those rooms.

I continue to be pissed off when I see Pyramid Head outside of the Silent Hill 2 universe. HE IS NOT YOUR MASCOT, KONAMI. FUCK.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm also pissed about the hyper-sexualized nurses being outside of the game. They have a purpose in that; they have zero purpose in the movie and Homecoming.

Gotta love all the dipshits who dress like PH and the nurses at conventions and stuff, likely not knowing the characters' meanings. :o
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
I'm also pissed about the hyper-sexualized nurses being outside of the game. They have a purpose in that; they have zero purpose in the movie and Homecoming.

Gotta love all the dipshits who dress like PH and the nurses at conventions and stuff, likely not knowing the characters' meanings. Surprised

Yeah, the nurses too. I remember getting ANGRY at Homecoming for that poopshit.

I dunno if we've talked about this yet, but what say you on Downpour?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:14 am

I haven't looked up anything about it, actually. I'm a whore so I know I'll buy it, so I'm kinda just waiting for all the bullshit to flood my face when I get it.

KCET/Team Silent need to make a new game. I like the Western-developed games, but they lack something special.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:18 am

what about the new multiplayer silent hill game?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:30 am

what the fuck multiplayer why

Must they take out all seclusion felt in a good Silent Hill game? That's part of what I hated about the movie: siren on top of the church (a real damn physical siren—WTF? way to gay shit up to the max and totally miss the point "IT'S THERE TO WARN PEOPLE OF THE ENCROACHING DARKNESS QUICK EVERYONE RUN TO THE CHURCH") goes off and all these retards pour in. At the time there were never more than maybe 5 people in a Silent Hill game, and they were very sporadic. Pissed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Today at 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next