The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFr8nU3sak

It's good. It's not amazing, but it's good.

I was hoping for some shrieking vocals, but I got none. Hopefully the full album's got some. If anything, I'm more impressed with Drukh's musicianship (which is solid as always) than with Neige's vocals on this track.

On the other hand, I remember asking about a year ago for bands with black metal style music but clean vocals. Maybe this is it. Granted, apart from the blast beats, it's not very black metal.

Oh well, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Yeah, I saw something from the Les Discrets' Facebook that said this was more of a "rock" album, so this is expected.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Kind of reminds me of Grey Waters but with good vocals and a little bit of Les Discrets thrown in.

I hope Neige sings like this on the new Alcest. The vocals are great.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:29 pm

I don't like the vocals much. Too much in tune with the wimpy-Alcest style, which are my least favorite from Neige. I guess a better way to put it would be that I like them a bit but not all the time, and think they fit better actually within Alcest. I think Grey Waters has great vocals also, actually.

Really don't like the name, pretty stupid lol. Overall though, it all sounds very promising.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:04 pm

lol the Grey Waters vocals are so over the top and ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:23 pm

I couldn't possibly disagree more.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Needs less pussy vocals
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Not sure if it was previously announced or if anybody who's interested already knew, but Season of Mist has the release dates for it: September 16th Europe, September 27th North America. CD as well as LP + download card can be pre-ordered from Season of Mist's e-shop.

http://e-shop.season-of-mist.com/en/bands/old-silver-key/5660
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)   Today at 1:00 am

Back to top Go down

New song from Old Silver Key (Drukh + Neige)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1