HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Dark Academy : a review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lotsajoy

Title : InternetSexMonster

PostSubject: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:05 pm

http://internetsexmonster.blogspot.com/2011/07/dark-academy-message-board-review.html

Please don't hold it against me; this is a fun forum, and I love you all. cheers
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm

why no mention jerk.

and way to be a fag and close your store just when I was gonna order the Petrychor 2CD.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Yeah I was going to make mention of "...and then a guy I know who has a girl with big tits in his avatar who likes to talk about penises, too" but then it started thundering outside and my power went off. Sad

We just did a distribution deal with Aquarius records. They'll be handling all Khrysanthoney orders from here on out, including the future stuff if it isn't too limited. But man...It really frees me up; distribution is absolutely the WORST part of managing a label as anyone will tell you.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Pretty accurate.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Who the fuck doesn't like talking about weiners though? You got something against it?

As somebody whose dreamjob is to be a mailman (yes serious), I can imagine the distro side of things at least not bothering me. I'd think the "managing" part of it being the most brain-hemorrhaging; things like contracts and dealing with lawyers and conceited artists with ridiculous demands, etc.. Though, I'd imagine that considering the size of your label and the creed of your signees that problems like those are minimal and that it indeed could be lotsajoy managing it/them.

I've always liked the Aquarius store, staff and website itself, but ordering through the webstore I'm usually not a fan of, because of their prices and shipping costs. It's often worth it considering the rare things you can obtain through them, but still, to me, it's only a store worth ordering through when you absolutely can't find something anywhere else (which for me is not too terribly often).
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:42 pm

I like beans and wieners.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Seriously, I find it hard to believe you show up here right around the time of Ghosts, and Other Things…, yet you claim to have found it by googling "touch my penis"?

A little creative license, perhaps?

Also, since you're now a much more efficient label, how soon can you get s l o w l y d i s a p p e a r i n g released?
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

BS.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:34 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Who the fuck doesn't like talking about weiners though? You got something against it?

As somebody whose dreamjob is to be a mailman (yes serious), I can imagine the distro side of things at least not bothering me. I'd think the "managing" part of it being the most brain-hemorrhaging; things like contracts and dealing with lawyers and conceited artists with ridiculous demands, etc.. Though, I'd imagine that considering the size of your label and the creed of your signees that problems like those are minimal and that it indeed could be lotsajoy managing it/them.

I've always liked the Aquarius store, staff and website itself, but ordering through the webstore I'm usually not a fan of, because of their prices and shipping costs. It's often worth it considering the rare things you can obtain through them, but still, to me, it's only a store worth ordering through when you absolutely can't find something anywhere else (which for me is not too terribly often).

Even for an underground label with a small clientele the headaches can be numerous, distribution not being the least of it. I like the business end of things believe it or not. Bickering with the printers to get the best pricing is always fun. But my favorite part is just helping make everything happen, and being the first to hear things before anyone else. Smile

Aquarius is a great store. I've never ordered from them but they've given us unconditional support since the start so I can't complain. Hopefully the mark ups won't be too much though. I might have to skim a little off the top of my consignment return to make sure people can afford our releases, but I don't think it's going to be a huge issue.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Shrike wrote:
Also, since you're now a much more efficient label, how soon can you get s l o w l y d i s a p p e a r i n g released?

I'm not sure. Nic is almost done with the new tracks and then he's going to release them via bandcamp. The physical release should be out in August granted, this time, there's no screw ups at the printers.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 pm

You forgot poop. Abs will be very unhappy.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Do you maybe just still have any Petrychor 2CD copies laying around that you'll take some PayPalage for, at or around the same price you had them for in your store? I'd probably take any Sleeping Peonies stuff you have too, which would (mostly) be a blind buy for me.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 pm

I'll have a few copies listed soon (I kept 10 for myself and promotional purposes). I might even list a spare copy of the "Ghosts...." digipak I found recently. Only 4 of those are in existence.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
You forgot poop. Abs will be very unhappy.

Poop is simply way too heavily tilled to do anything interesting with (in regards to commentary, it's very safe to talk about shit).

The subject of penises and talking about penises with other guys is just so much more fun. It makes a lot of people uncomfortable because of the perceived homoeroticism, or even arrogance of dongs - whether it's your dong or somebody elses dong, talking about dongs can turn somebody's mental compass ass backwards (I'm living proof of that by the way).

And to me that's great. I like to tell people about dicks and dongs and penises and see how it makes them feel. I'll even go up to a complete stranger every now and then and describe my dong to him. But I also like to encourage people to be more open about their genitalia, too. Once we get over that hurdle that the meat growing between our legs is unnatural and a thing to be ashamed of we can finally rise up (no pun intended) and unclench the feminist strangle hold on our god-gifted manhood.

I'm fucking proud of my dong. And I fucking hail people like Anthony Weiner who are proud of their dongs, too. Eventually I'm going to start posting pictures of my dong so we can have some fruitful discussions about it.

Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 pm

Pictures of dongs? Sweet. I like this guy.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:41 pm

lol both Alcest and Shining are shitty and gay.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 am

Guys talk about their dicks to each other all the time without thinking it's gay. I'd think poop, and speak of buttholes would be more taboo and homoerotic.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Spoiler:

Neutral

You son of a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 am

lol worst thread ever? I think so.

And there's way more talk of feces on here than there is about penises.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:02 am

Cghost21 wrote:
lol worst thread ever? I think so.

And there's way more talk of feces on here than there is about penises.

We must know each other from somewhere:

http://thedarkacademy.forumandco.com/t676p450-lastfm-top-weekly-artists#58287

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Guys talk about their dicks to each other all the time without thinking it's gay. I'd think poop, and speak of buttholes would be more taboo and homoerotic.

It must depend on location (or where you've been trollin'). Where I come from everybody talks about shit and bungholes, but nobody talks about dicks, at least not in a manner that can be taken seriously.

More serious penis talk, everywhere, would be a great thing. I'm up for it. This thread is progressing nicely, too. Cool
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:01 pm

I thought it was funny... but I don't really see Shining worship. People around here may like them but I can't remember much talk about them.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm

There was like 1 thread when the album finally dropped.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 am

tuggernuts wrote:
There was like 1 thread when the album finally dropped.

You have the word "nuts" in your name. I'm about half way there to liking you completely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Academy : a review   Today at 9:06 pm

Back to top Go down

The Dark Academy : a review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1