The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.


Surrender To All Life Beyond Form
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Best games this gen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jthefrank



Posts : 2269
Age : 31
Location : Montana
Registered : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 am

1) Demon's Souls
2) Dragon Age
3) God of War 3
4) Bioshock
5) Mass Effect 2
6) Assassin's Creed 2
7) Red Dead Redemption
8\) 3D Dot Game Heroes
9) Shadow Complex
10) Deadly Premonition

I don't have a Wii or PSP and I don't play my DS or my PC games. And I'm a big Baldur's Gate fanboy (fag) so DA was amazing
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts



Posts : 1816
Age : 29
Location : Michigan - aka Hell on Earth
Title : The Mighty Masturbator
Registered : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:30 am

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.


Batman: Arkham Asylum takes the cake. And soon Arkham City will top it.


Agreed on the awesomeness of Dragon Age though. Too bad 2 wasn't nearly as good. I thought Mass Effect 2 suffered the same drawbacks too, first one was amazing, then 2nd improved on the gameplay aspects of it, but the story fell way flat. And the ammo system was fucking dumb.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6292
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:40 am

I assume "this generation" only applies to consoles, right?

No More Heroes 1 & 2
Shadows of the Damned
Super Mario Galaxy
BioShock 1 & 2
Deadly Premonition

And, uh, some other games.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank



Posts : 2269
Age : 31
Location : Montana
Registered : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:57 am

Batman was pretty sweet. Probably in my top 30 or so
Back to top Go down
Cghost21



Posts : 3071
Title : Hookers and blow
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:21 am

EA sports FIFA series is better than all of your other shitty games
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6292
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:39 am

But sports games are for flaming-ass gays. As are sports.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts



Posts : 1816
Age : 29
Location : Michigan - aka Hell on Earth
Title : The Mighty Masturbator
Registered : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 am

LOL soccer is so fucking gay.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21



Posts : 3071
Title : Hookers and blow
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Whether you like soccer or not isn't necessary to enjoy the FIFA series. The gameplay is the best of any game they're releasing right now.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP


Posts : 9028
Age : 32
Title : Blüge
Registered : 2008-05-09

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Rank:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
Whether you like soccer or not isn't necessary to enjoy the FIFA series. The gameplay is the best of any game they're releasing right now.

NHL and NCAA football are better.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21



Posts : 3071
Title : Hookers and blow
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:34 pm

I can't speak for NCAA, but FIFA is waaaaaaaay better than the NHL series. And football games are usually shitty anyways so I'm going to assume FIFA is better than NCAA.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6292
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Getting your dick bit off by a rottweiler is waaaaaay better than shedding it off with a cheese grater.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo



Posts : 1581
Title : Galder
Registered : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:37 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
I thought Mass Effect 2 suffered the same drawbacks too, first one was amazing, then 2nd improved on the gameplay aspects of it, but the story fell way flat. And the ammo system was fucking dumb.

I actually preferred ME2 in pretty much every way.

While at first the ammo system was somewhat tedious, there was always enough to do what you needed to do. In the end, I preferred it because it forced you to be a bit more precise and also forced you to use almost all of your weapons. In the first one I just found myself relying on the hand gun most of the time, this was because it had the best balance of stats for my play style and you never ran out of bullets so why change? Sure, I could have forced myself to use my other weapons, which may have improved the overall gameplay experience, but there was no actual in game incentive to do so.


Last edited by jeffnogo on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cghost21



Posts : 3071
Title : Hookers and blow
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:37 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Getting your dick bit off by a rottweiler is waaaaaay better than shedding it off with a cheese grater.

I'd rather do both those things than play some faggy jap rpg about kids trying to find a better means of making their hair stand on end
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll



Posts : 2084
Age : 25
Location : Bay Area
Registered : 2011-02-26

Character sheet
Name:
Rank:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:13 am

Demon's Souls, The Witcher 2, TF 2, Portal, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey, idk. Too many games. Too many games coming out. (dark souls, diablo 3, deus ex HR) going to spend a long time with all of those for sure

persona 2 innocent sin is finally making it's way here...too bad I don't have a PSP. Definitely will invest in one for P2
Back to top Go down
jthefrank



Posts : 2269
Age : 31
Location : Montana
Registered : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:56 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
Demon's Souls, The Witcher 2, TF 2, Portal, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey, idk. Too many games. Too many games coming out. (dark souls, diablo 3, deus ex HR) going to spend a long time with all of those for sure

persona 2 innocent sin is finally making it's way here...too bad I don't have a PSP. Definitely will invest in one for P2

I was just watching the movie Castle In the Sky the other day, and it kept reminding me of how bad ass VC was. They need to release the 2nd one on the PS3...virtual console thingy

I hope the guys that developed Front Mission Evolved played VC and then hit themselves with a hammer for being such fuck-ups
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6292
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
Abnormal Freak wrote:
Getting your dick bit off by a rottweiler is waaaaaay better than shedding it off with a cheese grater.

I'd rather do both those things than play some faggy jap rpg about kids trying to find a better means of making their hair stand on end

That would be kind of funny (maybe) and relevant iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif I played those sorta games.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6292
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention badass download titles; I like some of those more than I do the big disc releases.

Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
Limbo

And I can't think of any more, lolz.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21



Posts : 3071
Title : Hookers and blow
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Cghost21 wrote:
Abnormal Freak wrote:
Getting your dick bit off by a rottweiler is waaaaaay better than shedding it off with a cheese grater.

I'd rather do both those things than play some faggy jap rpg about kids trying to find a better means of making their hair stand on end

That would be kind of funny (maybe) and relevant iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif I played those sorta games.

WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD START PLAYING THOSE GAMES
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan


Posts : 2836
Age : 26
Registered : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 pm

I have Batman: Arkham Asylum on its way in the mail. I'll let you guys know what I think when I play it.




My favorites this gen, out of what I've played:


Deadly Premonition
Shadows of the Damned
No More Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy
The Crystal Bearers
Dead Space
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Dead Rising
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus


I have the sequels to some of those games (Dead Space 2 and Dead Rising 2), but I haven't opened them yet. I thought No More Heroes 2 was bad.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll



Posts : 2084
Age : 25
Location : Bay Area
Registered : 2011-02-26

Character sheet
Name:
Rank:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Dead Rising 2 is better than Dead Rising 1.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan


Posts : 2836
Age : 26
Registered : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:01 am

I can believe the gameplay is, based on Case Zero which I've played. Being able to move while aim and having improved survivor AI really makes it a lot more fun.


I forgot to name downloadable games in my post. Namely, Contra ReBirth and Hard Corps: Uprising. Those both kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6292
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:24 am

Arkham Asylum is awesome except it gives me the worst motion sickness. Game needs a little less INTENSIVE SHAKING.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank



Posts : 2269
Age : 31
Location : Montana
Registered : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 pm

jthefrank wrote:
1) Demon's Souls
2) Dragon Age
3) God of War 3
4) Bioshock
5) Mass Effect 2
6) Assassin's Creed 2
7) Red Dead Redemption
8\) 3D Dot Game Heroes
9) Shadow Complex
10) Deadly Premonition

I don't have a Wii or PSP and I don't play my DS or my PC games. And I'm a big Baldur's Gate fanboy (fag) so DA was amazing

11) Fallout 3
12) Uncharted 2
13) Valkyria Chronicles
14) Bad Company 2
15) Limbo
16) Rock Band 3
17) Modern Warfare
18) Arkham Asylum
19) Just Cause 2
20) Mario Kart DS

...play too many goddamn games. It's a disease
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll



Posts : 2084
Age : 25
Location : Bay Area
Registered : 2011-02-26

Character sheet
Name:
Rank:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 pm

You liked FO 3 over New Vegas? And Limbo is better than Braid? (I don't know because I've only played Braid).
Back to top Go down
jthefrank



Posts : 2269
Age : 31
Location : Montana
Registered : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:06 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
You liked FO 3 over New Vegas? And Limbo is better than Braid? (I don't know because I've only played Braid).
Yeah Limbo was better than Braid imo

I'm actually in the middle of New Vegas right now so I'll reserve judgment on it until I'm finished
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Best games this gen?   Today at 9:29 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Best games this gen?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» McCanns at commenwealth games
» The Hunger Games Trilogy (Spoilers)
» Forum games ideas?
» Creating arcade/adding games to your forum
» How do I add flash games to my forum

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Sports and Gaming-
Jump to: