Share | 

Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:17 pm

portland and seattle seem to be the only lucky places... if they play sf I will shit myself. This might be worth the drive up to portland though..

http://www.metalinjection.net/fuck-yes/pig-destroyer-announce-drummer

"Looks like PxDx has a new drummer. Last night, guitarist Scott Hull posted this photo of drummer Adam Jarvis (Misery Index) announcing him as the new drummer. There is no word on why former skinsman Brian Harvey is out of the band, and while I loved his drumming, Jarvis is a more than suitable replacement and honestly gets me even more excited about this mythical new Pig Destroyer record (that we probably won't see until 2012 at the earliest).

Could this have been what was holding up the recording so long? It could be, as the band has also announced some West Coast shows, their first shows in over a year. According to American Aftermath, Oregon and Portland is on the band's radar for September."
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Haven't listened to Misery Index, though. So, I really don't know how the dude drums.

I am curious what happened to their original dudebro, though. Any word on that?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 pm

So far no word. On the facebook page it still has him listed as the drummer...someone said they are going for the whole Melvins thing by having 2 drummers...while they were influenced by the melvins, I really doubt this is the case.

Misery Index is alright... The drums are pretty good though
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Wasn't the biggest Pig Destroyer follower, even though I love the three records of theirs I have (Prowler, Terrifyer, Phantom Limb). And like Owned, I'm not familiar with Misery Index, so at this point I can't be either stoked or bummed about the drummer replacement.

Yeah, more west coast shows hopefully. And not sure about trekkin it up to Portland lol. If you do...pick me up on the way and carpool and meet up with Loxx? lol
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Wasn't the biggest Pig Destroyer follower, even though I love the three records of theirs I have (Prowler, Terrifyer, Phantom Limb). And like Owned, I'm not familiar with Misery Index, so at this point I can't be either stoked or bummed about the drummer replacement.

Yeah, more west coast shows hopefully. And not sure about trekkin it up to Portland lol. If you do...pick me up on the way and carpool and meet up with Loxx? lol

maybe we can score some meth up there too. I'm thinking about it.. They are playing some festival up there with A Storm of Light, Neurosis, Kylesa, Thrones, few others I'd like to see. 11 hour drive is a bit crazy.. Blows my mind that they played LA for free a year or two ago but I couldn't go.

edit: in one of their interviews they stated they had been using Brian (the drummer)'s house even up to this point for band practice and said they needed to build a studio/practice space. Picture shows off what I'm guessing is their new practice space... They've gotta be recording something soon. No doubt about it. I know they all have lives and jobs, but maybe there's a chance we will see some full on touring from them considering this new drummer has done plenty of full on touring and probably doesn't have a job outside of playing music
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:02 pm

MFNW is the festival. Didn't know they were on it. That fest has a lot of good acts, metal and otherwise. It's the type of festival that is multi-venues with same starting times though, which means an ever higher probability (when compared to all day open air fests) of sacrificing seeing one band for seeing another. The whole schedule isn't up yet, but I'm pretty sure one date that's not to be missed is the one with Neurosis, Grails, YOB and Akimbo. That's a ridiculous lineup. I don't know if I'd trade it for something like what we have coming up here in Berkeley though, even with Neurosis on there haha. Grails would be fucking incredible to see live, too.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:24 pm

I think last.fm has some individual events listed for the mfnw fest and the pig destroyer show is at some theater with a storm of light. There's no way in hell I'd do the whole VIP bs and stay for 4 days. The bay area really is sucking the d lately. The Power of the Riff festival is 21+. Just about every show is 21+ here. Then again we did get that awesome grind festival at the gilman..which I had to miss. Other than that we don't get shit. Didn't see Akimbo was playing too.. Never even heard of Grails.

http://www.last.fm/event/1990086+Pig+Destroyer+at+Hawthorne+Theatre+on+9+September+2011 this is with the good elitist...not the lame metalcore one
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 pm

That's a pretty good billing, I'd love to see that.

Grails is one of the absolute best post-anything bands out there today.

And don't blame the venues for being 21+. Blame your parents for not boning earlier.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:42 pm

You have to admit SF has the most 21 and over shows. If kids don't have a show to go to then chances are they will drink and get into trouble as an alternative. Everytime I go to the DNA lounge, Thee Parkside, slims, or even the boardwalk in orangevale there's no way in hell I can get my hands on a drink. These fuckers just made it way too hard to get all ages shows in the area for no reason

missed Death Grips on July 1st...missed Rosetta's free show. both were 21 and over. so dumb
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:53 pm

I think I've said it before, but when I was younger, 21+ shows didn't often stop me. Sneaking in (bonus! don't have to pay!), fake ids or ids of older siblings/cousins/friends (I never had one, but friends did, and I sometimes borrowed them). One thing that worked well was once you get there and they tell you you can't get in is saying that the flyer you saw didn't have an age restriction or even said all ages, or that you called in before and asked, and that you just drove from some place 2+ hours away based off of that. They reluctantly ask a manager, come back out and X both your hands and you're good. Shit worked CONSTANTLY.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 pm

I've tried some of those when I went to see Coliseum at Thee Parkside which was for 21+ and they unfortunately didn't work out. I almost got into the Rosetta show as one of their merch guys but plans fell through.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm pretty keen for a new Pig Destroyer album. I'm not sure how the new drummer will go but I've always listened to Pig Destroyer for Scott Hull's guitar work.

Sucks that you guys have 21+ events. That must be super gay.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Never been to a 21+ show aside from bar shows with local bands, which I wouldn't go to anyways if I weren't 21 already and there to drink.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 pm

wat?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 pm

I've been to many 21+

You can go in if you're under 21 they just stamp your hand to say you can't drink.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
I've been to many 21+

You can go in if you're under 21 they just stamp your hand to say you can't drink.

definitely doesn't work that way here. They do that with every all ages show that has a bar though
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Green_shoes wrote:
I'm pretty keen for a new Pig Destroyer album. I'm not sure how the new drummer will go but I've always listened to Pig Destroyer for Scott Hull's guitar work.

Sucks that you guys have 21+ events. That must be super gay.

it is. I think Pig Destroyer's drumming has always been pretty good and definitely separated them from the pack of blast beats and blast beats and more blast beats grindcore bands. I have faith in the band to put out another great album though
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Shame. PD has always had awesome drumming, especially on Phantom Limb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september   Today at 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Pig Destroyer has new drummer and are playing 2 west coast shows in september
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1