Share | 

great mathcore album released last year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: great mathcore album released last year    Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Reminds me a lot of Coalesce and considering the metalcore/mathcore/hardcore scene is flooded with a lot of crap.. thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention. Has a fair amount of filler, sound clips, and feedback which isn't really my thing, but this album is great even with all of that.

Band may or may not be christian. I believe they have the original vocalist of Norma Jean but I could be wrong. These guys were on the last US tour with Gojira if that means anything to you. Definitely give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: great mathcore album released last year    Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:31 am

The Chariot are alright. Not really big fan. Their vocalist was the singer of Norma Jean, another band that I never really got into.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: great mathcore album released last year    Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:38 am

not bad.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: great mathcore album released last year    Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:59 am

Green_shoes wrote:
The Chariot are alright. Not really big fan. Their vocalist was the singer of Norma Jean, another band that I never really got into.

I heard of them a lot a while back when I had a much worse taste in music but never bothered to really check them out. Norma Jean has some truly good songs but are put off by tons of people as Botch ripoffs..which they kinda are (or were). Supposedly their debut album was recorded on one take and was unmastered..pretty crazy. But I've heard this Long Live album is pretty much their best and that just about everything is just ehh.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: great mathcore album released last year    Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:01 am

I wouldn't mind giving Norma Jean a decent go. I remember a thread on this board ages ago where someone showed me Norma Jean songs from every album. I liked their earlier sound. I have one of their albums but I only listened to it a couple of times. I might get it out later and give it a spin.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: great mathcore album released last year    Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:13 am

Green_shoes wrote:
I wouldn't mind giving Norma Jean a decent go. I remember a thread on this board ages ago where someone showed me Norma Jean songs from every album. I liked their earlier sound. I have one of their albums but I only listened to it a couple of times. I might get it out later and give it a spin.

thats the brand new Norma Jean. Not bad at all IMO.

this is from their first album I believe. I dig this song too
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: great mathcore album released last year    Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:18 am

I like the older sound. The new sound isn't bad but I prefer the older sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: great mathcore album released last year    Today at 4:56 am

Back to top Go down

great mathcore album released last year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1