Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm

It's confirmed: best show ever.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Yeah, I love the show as well, but I don't have a means to watch it.

I suppose I can just download the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Watched some of it on youtube. It was alright. More awkward than it was funny.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Louie is awesome. And the season opener was great. I love how it's this utterly ridiculous sit-com, but seems to actually contain some kind of honesty. Sure, I know he's a craftsman and works really hard at delivering the bits, and that everything always revolves around him being 44 and having kids, but everything feels honest. And since it feels honest, it also feels fresh and not the same old tripe we've been fed through years and years of "family comedy".

Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I watched about 5 episodes in a row last night. Love this show. Laugh
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:26 pm

I watched the first two episodes the nights they first aired, but the last two I lagged on but just caught up on both of them last night at a friend's house.

There's seriously no reason for any other television to exist.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Episode 4 was epic.

Joan Rivers ftw.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:50 pm

This show's season 2 is finally being put up on Hulu.

I never felt like dealing with downloading it for some reason, but fuck yeah finally being able to watch it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:44 am

My penis oozes tears and my eyes dribble cum every time I watch this show. It's so fucking great. Season two I think may have even stepped up above and beyond the already bar-setting and ground-breaking first season.

One of my singular favorite parts is in the "Country Drive" episode. When they're driving in the car and "Who Are You" comes on the radio. The entire sequence of that is great, but there is a moment that occurs while he's rocking out and singing the song to his daughters in the back seat where he adlibs, "Arghh who the fuck are you!?". I fucking shit out my ears and gave myself internal bleeding I laughed so hard at that.

The next episode where he spends the day with Pamela and expresses his love and infatuation with her...wow. Nothing short of brilliant, in every possible literal sense of the word. Pamela is one of my favorite semi-regulars, so I was happy to see her in nearly an entire episode.

I think my personal favorite episode of the season so far is "Eddie," guest starring Doug Stanhope. I've always thought he had pretty good standup and made for great spots on radio shows and podcasts, though probably never would have truly called myself a fan of his. His appearance in this episode though was fantastic, not just for the jokes ("Shitty fat tits...write that one down" lol) but his acting was wonderful, much like Louis C.K. himself. Though, much like Louis again, I doubt he has a whole lot of range and could actually work with many Hollywood actors and directors instead of just friends that he would or should want to become an actor first over a comedian, but it was very enjoyable to watch.

Season three better have a million episodes.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Sat May 26, 2012 7:47 am

LOL

Season 2 DVD (and Blu-Ray combo-pack assume, like how season 1 was) comes out next month, about a week before Season 3 premieres near the end of next month. I saw a thing on his Tumblr saying that he "fired himself" as editor lol. Kinda sucks since he was pretty exceptional at it, but I think the person taking his place was involved in the editing somehow in previous seasons so it may not be too much a departure from the style we're used to seeing in the show.

EXCITE
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 pm

New season starts tonight at 10:30 nigga.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Do they put the episodes online? Would be cool to watch. About a week ago I finally got to see the first half of season two because it was added to Netflix.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 am

They usually have at least some on hulu. Netflix has I think the first two seasons streaming, maybe some of the new stuff too, not sure though.

Been watching season 2 again, since I bought the Blu-Ray. The commentaries are less numerous than the first season's Blu-Ray (only five instead of the eleven from before) and less interesting, as in he himself seems less interested. Kinda disappointing. The first two episodes of season 3 have been par for the course so far, though. Whole season should be good, hopefully. In one of the commentaries from season 2, he mentioned he was considering doing an episode that consists entirely of stand-up. I hope he doesn't do that. As much as I love his stand-up and think it fits well within the show, inbetween scenes and stories, I'd rather not "lose" a chance to witness his storytelling.

Also, all the dates for when his tour comes to San Francisco in November are already sold out. Balls.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:44 am

303 was a killer episode. The whole premise is a few years old (from either chewed up or shameless I think), but the way he pulls it off is beautiful.

The first few minutes were a bit off, as I thought
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:14 pm

I haven't had the chance to see anything from season 3 other than a few clips, which were all awesome, but anyone still keeping up with the show?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm still cable-less as usual, but when season three started I watched the first few episodes that a friend had recorded at his house, but I haven't seen more than that. They were indeed just as strong and interesting as ever, but I'm probably gonna just end up having to wait for the Blu-Ray to watch it proper.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:55 pm

You have the internet, right? ...use it.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 pm

This show is so weird. Like, it isn't funny at all, but it's a really entertaining show.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:21 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
The music and cinematography on this show are too good to waste by watching the show via some shitty stream/rip.

Electroretard wrote:
This show is so weird. Like, it isn't funny at all
Incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I've never laughed once while watching Louie. I might think, "ha, that's clever/amusing", but I'll never physically laugh.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
tuggernuts wrote:
The music and cinematography on this show are too good to waste by watching the show via some shitty stream/rip.

Just download the high def rip. Look for .mkvs

I guess you don't download many TV shows. Rips are better than TV because they don't even have the watermark on them.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Or commercials.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Don't like downloading in general period. You doofs know this.

Electroretard wrote:
I've never laughed once while watching Louie. I might think, "ha, that's clever/amusing", but I'll never physically laugh.
Not even during the standup? You're doing something very wrong.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 pm

The stand up is funny, but that doesn't really count.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:27 pm

No. You're still fuckin up in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night   Today at 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Watched the season 2 premiere of Louie on FX last night
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next