View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Trashy movies   Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Discuss them.

Hobo with a Shotgun will be playing nearby next weekend, so I'm planning to go see that. Rutger Hauer is the greatest actor ever.

There's somewhat of a preview for The Toxic Avenger 5, which I'm sure will be awesome. Hope it doesn't take too long to write, shoot, and release.

Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Hobo With a Shotgun fucking sucked. I was really disappointed in that.

Toxie 5 should be good though. lolololol at that preview.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Dale and Tucker vs Evil was pretty fun
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:52 pm

A new Toxie? That's cool.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:12 am

tuggernuts wrote:
Hobo With a Shotgun fucking sucked. I was really disappointed in that.

I bet it's fecking awesome and you're just mega-gay. o .o

I heard it's heavily influenced by Street Trash, which is a totally awesome flick.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:01 am

Street Trash is really, really good, but I still hear nothing but bad things about Hobo and think it looks pretty shit.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:34 pm

What about all the rumored Troma remakes like Toxic Avenger and Class of Nuke'Em High? Maybe TA5 is the remake?

...though I don't know if I actually want to see any of them. Even I have my limits at times, those films make me want to scrub my place and take a shower Surprised
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Quick research into Street Trash has led me to want to watch all of these

http://www.bloodsprayer.com/uncategorized/oozing-with-charm-my-top-five-melt-movies/
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Street Trash is excellent, no joke. Haven't heard of any of those others, but now I wanna see them too lol.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:51 pm

I've heard of, but not seen, The Incredible Melting Man. I think it's on Netflix Instant, though. :o

But yeah, Street Trash... So good. I think my special edition DVD set has a documentary about it. I should watch that sometime. And yeah, Lloyd Kaufman flicks can leave you feeling pretty rotten sometimes...but I still like to revel in 'em. Toxic Avenger 1 & 4 and Terror Firmer are prime.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:25 am

So, the talk of Street Trash made me wanna rewatch it. So great. Forgot that the lead guy from Frankenhooker is in it as the doorman, which is really perfect because Street Trash reminds me very much of Frank Henenlotter's films.

I hope you mofos have seen some of his movies—at the very least Basket Case, although Frankenhooker is my favorite.

Also watched the first Crank. I'd throw that one in the "trash" category. Love that film; sequel's even better. Think I'll watch that again sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 am

I had only heard good things about hobo with a shotgun until now...
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 am

I've seen both Frankenhooker and Basket Case as well, and I liked them both.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:03 am

What about Brain Damage and Bad Biology? Huh? HUH???

The Basket Case sequels are also pretty kick-ass.

And now the guy just finished a documentary on Herschell Gordon Lewis, of Blood Feast fame, called The Godfather of Gore. Should be pretty tizzight.

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:16 am

Friend o' mine bought the new(est) Brain Damage DVD (I think Synapse did it), said it was good and that I should borrow it or come over and watch it, and then it just never happened lol. Bad Biology I don't think I ever heard of.

And the Basket Case sequels I either haven't seen, or only saw as a kid and don't remember. The first one though was on On Demand when I still had cable, so I watched it for the first time in probably a decade or more and was pleased with how much of it I remembered and still enjoyed.

Ah, HGL, the "Godfather of Gore". I remember Two Thousand Maniacs and Blood Feast and being surprised at how much I liked them when I saw them. I also saw the Blood Feast sequel, but can't remember anything about it.

[edit]: they actually called it the godfather of gore? How obvious, yet how pleasing. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 am

I'm still pissed about that string of dialog in...that one movie...with Michael Cera and the dad from Arrested Development....uh.......oh, right, Juno. :o (Thank you, internetz.)

Oh yeah, so, that string of dialog in that movie where the girl's obsessing over Dario Argento, but the guy's all, "Ever seen Herschell Gordon Lewis? YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HERSCHELL GORDON LEWIS?!" and they watch it and the bitch iz all, "This sheeit's WAAAY better than Argento!" like wtfidontthinkso. I wanna cunt-punch the writer of that movie 'cos she sounds like a tard if the way her characters talk is any indication. (Saw that movie 'cos I was at a hot chick's house and it was one of like five DVDs she owned. No scoring was to be had.)

But yeah, Bad Biology is one of the sleaziest things I've ever seen—worse than Troma. It only recently came out in the US; I boughted the UK DVD some time ago. I noticed it was on Netflix Instant so it may still be there. It's a pretty kewl mooveh.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:40 am

just checked the Trash Film Orgy website and the schedule for this summer is up:

July 9th:

July 16th:

July 23rd:

July 30th:

August 6th:

August 13th:

I'm kind of surprised at the inclusion of Monty Python, but I've always wanted to see that in the theater. I'd want to see Life of Brian perhaps even more, but it's still cool. Not sure how many of these I'll attempt to go to though.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
I'm still pissed about that string of dialog in...that one movie...with Michael Cera and the dad from Arrested Development....uh.......oh, right, Juno. Surprised (Thank you, internetz.)

Oh yeah, so, that string of dialog in that movie where the girl's obsessing over Dario Argento, but the guy's all, "Ever seen Herschell Gordon Lewis? YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HERSCHELL GORDON LEWIS?!" and they watch it and the bitch iz all, "This sheeit's WAAAY better than Argento!" like wtfidontthinkso. I wanna cunt-punch the writer of that movie 'cos she sounds like a tard if the way her characters talk is any indication. (Saw that movie 'cos I was at a hot chick's house and it was one of like five DVDs she owned. No scoring was to be had.)

But yeah, Bad Biology is one of the sleaziest things I've ever seen—worse than Troma. It only recently came out in the US; I boughted the UK DVD some time ago. I noticed it was on Netflix Instant so it may still be there. It's a pretty kewl mooveh.
I remember when Juno came out and everyone was up it's ass. I too saw it with a ladyfriend and had to conceal my disgust over the forced hipster dialogue. Hopefully Jennifer's Body killed Diablo Cody's career in cinema.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:19 pm

I thought Jennifer's Body was a fun movie. I was surprised.

I saw Crank 2 the other day. I thought it would just be an action packed movie... I had no idea how fucking weird it would be. Thought it was great, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah I think that marionette fighting scene was probably the most bizarre thing in that movie. Razz
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Marionette fighting scene? Crank 2? WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT?

There is, however, a kaiju fighting scene. And Lloyd Kaufman makes a cameo during it.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 am

You know whatever it is when they are fighting through all those electrical wires.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Well, I'm going to see Hobo with a Shotgun tonight, so I'll tell you butt ticklers how it is when I return. At this point I suspect it could go either way, but I'm remaining optimistic. I didn't care for the trailer when I first saw it, but a dude I sorta trust said it's fargin' arsesome, so...

Edit: And, it didn't happen, because I was reminded of the whole Gay Pride celebration, and seeing as how this theater is in the heart of Gay Minneapolis (recently dubbed the gayest city in America, surpassing SanFran), there's noooo way we would have found parking and there just woulda been fruitcakes everywhere boggin' down the ride. Probably woulda been all over the streets, argh. Planning to go see the flick Wednesday night.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:05 am

Got down to see it finally. Loved every minute of it—fantastic flick. r_z and SP are big fat gays.

Also, as far as modern horror/gore films that are throwbacks to that golden era of horror and exploitation, this movie shits all over the other so-called exploitation flicks like Grindhouse and Machete. Like, honestly, no fucking contest. Unlike those films, it doesn't feel like "HEE-DUR LET'S MAKE A BIG DUMB MOVIE AND MAKE IT LOOK REALLY SHITTY ON PURPOSE" but more like "Let's make a big dumb movie but do it so fucking well it'll make you blow loads in your shorts." It's a super fun romp, and the photography is brilliant. Music score also kicks loads of ass.

Only throwback '70s/'80s horror film that's anywhere near as good is The House of the Devil, which is an awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Only throwback '70s/'80s horror film that's anywhere near as good is The House of the Devil, which is an awesome movie.

Yeah, I need to buy that at some point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trashy movies   Today at 4:57 am

Back to top Go down

Trashy movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next